• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since there's been a lot of discussion about metrics lately, I find myself wondering after the Unionmade Archive sale if places look at metrics to determine how many customers who buy for the first time during the sales later convert to buying products at full price. I would guess the percentage would be very low, especially with the Archive sale, but I wonder how low. It'd be especially interesting to look at it longer term, since the people buying during the sale might not be able to afford full price now, but may return later as their income grows.
This is rarely the case. Sales shoppers are sales shoppers, period. The customers who retailers want to concentrate on are those who buy at retail some of the time. That customer can be "grown up." But the sales shopper is already trained a certain way that makes the ROI in conversion to a full priced customer not particulaly high.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Love my steamer. I think it has a elephant logo, no idea on brand. No more ironing, and fixes a wrinkled shirt in like 1 minute.

Yep that's the Steamfast, it's an elephant blowing steam from its trunk.

Ordered one last night and got it today. Amazon 1 day shipping is awesome

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My friend Dan was sort of profiled on NYT recently. I usually like his style so it was cool to see him featured like that.
That whole slideshow made me want to be a cool artist dude living in NYC. I guess the interviewer could have deflated my vicarious fantasies by finishing each conversation with "now tell me about your health coverage"

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pictures are good. questions/answers, less so...

"There are some splotches of paint on your clothes."
"There will be some paint on my clothes."

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm getting weirdly attracted to some of the Japanese takes on Americana long after it's 'peaked'.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Most luxury boutiques have a large # of sale only shoppers. The SA's hate them all.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah of course, but I was referring to external customers.

Last edited:

VitaTimH

Reaction score

I'm getting weirdly attracted to some of the Japanese takes on Americana long after it's 'peaked'.

Perfect time imo as people who bought into the trend are set to start unloading on the B&S market. Happened to Rick and I'm hoping it'll happen again :) It's the benefit of having folks who are highly conscious of what's in, what's out, what's trendy, what's last season, etc. etc.

On an unrelated note, I feel like I've regressed in terms of creativity when it comes to dressing myself and I'm completely fine with it. If anyone remembers, I was really big on the whole heavily layered look several years back -- long tank under short tee under shirt under cardigan / vest under jacket and all that. Maybe I'm just lazy but I can no longer be arsed with the careful precise calculation of five different hemlines any more, it no longer captures my interest like it used to (though I enjoy seeing it on others). I just find it too fussy nowadays, and I'm most comfortable and content with a variation of blazer-like jacket, patterned shirt (often tucked), pants (always cuffed), and boots, all day every day. I think nearly every fit I posted from the past ~4 months has been a variation of that theme.

Zassiliss

Reaction score
Everlane is now selling wool overcoats, although the cut looks to be really boxy if you're into that...

Landscape

Reaction score
pictures are good. questions/answers, less so...

"There are some splotches of paint on your clothes."
"There will be some paint on my clothes."

I like this one as well:

"You’ve paired them with Dr. Martens."
"I had the high-tops for a long time, and then the low-tops are more recent."
"Are you punk?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads