1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Yeah, that alpaca, though I personally think that the shawl collar thing is more interesting.

I find that with SWD, the constraints are much more severe than in CM/casual menswear, in terms of getting projects off the ground,

2. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

If you can do a non-hooded long coat in this pattern I will give you my monies. (shawl collar is ok)

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Severisth

Severisth Well-Known Member

That shawl collar bomber in some different (non-black) colors would be very cool. Some of the other Rugs to Riches stuff would be cool for a reissue, I actually would love to see the Wick coat come back from At Both Ends.

Edit: exactly what @NaTionS said, would love just about any non-hooded coat in that color

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  4. LA Guy

Cool color, but from what I understand, the body is the easier part, but the getting the same textile would be the issue. I think that for any reissue/special order, from any designer, the way to go about it would be to agree on a body, and then leave a couple of color options.

Would anyone be interested in the cardigan from a couple of years ago. I ask mostly because I'd like to get one and never did.

5. LA Guy

I would love to do the collared bomber in a rich blue. Mostly because I love blues. I'm thinking nearly teal, a sort of green blue that will go with blacks and indigos alike.

6. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

Does anyone use database software to keep track of their wardrobe?

I use a spreadsheet but think it could be cool to have tags and images and stuff. Would also make it easier to resell things since I'd already have data and photos for every item.

Also possibly a huge waste of time.

7. diniro

diniro Well-Known Member

I was reading the imdb trivia page for the greatest movie of all time and discovered where Drew Keith got the idea for his ponzi scam from.

gotdamn

29 people like this.
  8. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

sooooooooo i have to ask...

who is tommy wiseau? (yes, i am too lazy to wiki this actuallyi'mnotbutjustindulgeme)

9. myshoeiswet

myshoeiswet Well-Known Member

Do yourself a favor and watch "The Room", aka the Citizen Kane of bad movies. Your life will be changed.

1 person likes this.
  10. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

People better actually kop damnit. Don't make me break out that certain phrase again. I had the hooded Geller bomber but missized.. I actually had it in both colors.

Either of those Schneider items work for me, or maybe the quilted zip up thing from Frozen waves in that rusty red plaid color.

11. bows1

bows1 Well-Known Member

I mean their service and overall flight experience was bad but I expected that. What I didn't expect was for them to lose a checked bag that was paid for. I think that's fair, no? You pay for a bag to fly, you expect it to fly, no matter how cheap it is.

3 people like this.
  12. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

Currently in Stockholm and 50% of girls are wearing timbs. Style is still minimalist Céline chic via Acne and Cos ripoffs (tasteful but yawn).

2 people like this.
  13. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

The city of shitty fast fashion bloggers.

It's the same in Copenhagen, being stylish has pretty much been paired down to some generic form, which 50+% of the "stylish" people follow, the scandinavian version of all black with red sneakers.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  14. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

Haha, not around, I need to travel around the same date as you arrive. :embar:

You guys should talk to younger labels than AMI, these people are super settled right now.

15. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

All black + red beanie. I was kidding my friend that I can totally camouflage as Swedish, shop keepers basically say "bonjour" to me before I have a time to speak. I'm like really non-swedish in looks, style and demeanour.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  16. Find Finn

That happens to me pretty much everywhere, the best thing is when tourists start talking to me in their native language assuming I speak Italian etc.

17. Gruff

Gruff Well-Known Member

Please identify on what airline this is a common occurrence. Also, which route and ticket class (i.e. first/business/economy). Asking for a friend, of course.

18. Find Finn

19. John-Galt

John-Galt Well-Known Member

I wonder what kind of box and dust bags these came in [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. Severisth

Severisth Well-Known Member

I'd be on board for any Schneider in a color like that. Color blocked option would be cool too.