• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Ok, I finally found a bag I like - it's the one below, but I'm getting it with a thicker strap - but it's unlined. How much of a hassle would it be to have someone put in a liner, generally speaking? I know @nicelynice said it was a pretty major operation for his Guidi bag, but that had an interior pocket that was sewn into the outer layer of leather.

Worth it to buy it and have someone else do the modification, or should I hold out and try to find something that's already lined?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to steal this idea thanks buddy. What size would I be for a 41-42?
Most probably a size 40. Aero jackets fit slightly large, particularly through the shoulders and upper back. If you are pretty angular in the shoulders, you can get away with a size larger. I personally usually take a size 38 in that Type III jacket. I do not have angular shoulders, and so there is a lot of extra room in the back of the shoulders, especially, if I size up. It's a compromise, since this means that the chest is sorta tight for a very good fit through the shoulders, but I figured that for a Type III jacket, who ever does up the buttons anyway?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

Ok, I finally found a bag I like - it's the one below, but I'm getting it with a thicker strap - but it's unlined. How much of a hassle would it be to have someone put in a liner, generally speaking? I know @nicelynice said it was a pretty major operation for his Guidi bag, but that had an interior pocket that was sewn into the outer layer of leather.

Worth it to buy it and have someone else do the modification, or should I hold out and try to find something that's already lined?

he said it was difficult because they also had to draw out the pattern and stuff.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
You, sir, you should get a suede Type III jacket from Aero. That would suit you really well. A size 36, for sure. I am a size 38, but I think that you would take a 36 rather than a 34.

Agreed, thank you for getting me one! I'll PM you my shipping address :)

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember swooning over the 41 coat, when they released it.

What happened to Tenue Denimes webshop, they had a lot of nice stuff.
Loved the quilted lining, too bad it sold out. Hancockva also has a preview shot of the collab they did with @Tirailleur1 on ig.

Last edited:

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just returned from my semi-annual shopping trip - this time it was Florence (for leather) and Milan (for everything else). With the dollar killing the Euro and pretty much everything at 40% off, I got a bit carried away.

Leather shopping isn't something I do often. I don't give a **** about labels (Only thing that makes Gucci jackets worth $3k is five letters that I don't find particularly interesting), and yet I don't like to compromise on quality. So, I go to where the factories and tanneries are and find a competent amateur designer or old family business. Unfortunately, most of the best ones don't sell anything online, so you really need to go in person.

Some of what you'll see on the racks:

The blouson and cafe racer style jackets seemed to be the most popular, as they were the most numerous, followed by classic Brando bombers and styles cut to look like two and three-button jackets. I maybe saw 5% Perfecto style moto jackets. But then, that is a very American style of leather jacket.

The style on the street in Milan is among my favorites of places I've been. The Italians have a way of combining classic-but-updated silhouettes with modern lines and novel fabrics that is all their own. But I'm still a bit too timid about street photography, so maybe next time.

If I had to mention one "must have" winter item for the men in Milan, based on what I saw, it would be this style of coat:

The black and gray herringbone chesterfield-ish long coat with some kind of hairy wool blend that reminded me of some chunky-but-firm Japanese fabrics. The hand feel on these is amazing. Some of the ones I saw got pretty outer worldly. The best example I found on a rack (not shown) was from Lanvin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads