• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Textile fairs are interesting places. Went to one in London yesterday looking for fabrics for an upcoming project. Saw buyers from some pretty big names milling around. Had a look at Riri's catalog, they really are top-notch when it comes to fastening. Seemed to be a lot of interest in floral prints and big, fluffy wool/acrylic blends along with all the classic stuff.

British Milerian showed me their new waxed cotton laminates, which have one side laminated to the effect of a lining. They also offer digitally printed waxed cotton. A digital city-camouflage waxed cotton bag would be pretty neat...

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Watched it for the 100th time over xmas, such a fantastic and delicious villain (in Prince of Thieves too, rip childhood...). And the voice... Can we skip the rest of 2016 already ?

Last edited:

oucho

Reaction score
You should ask @oucho . He knows...
I can probably answer most questions about E. Tautz to a certain extent if anyone wants to ask anything? Superbobo if you're talking about the field pants, they're great, I own the khaki pair, they're comfortable and hard wearing. You can get similar workwear trousers on ebay for A LOT less, but E Tautz have a nice range of colours and the fit is very nice and the fabric is good too. All the pants they do are really nice actually. They do some amazing coats in really cool 'technical' fabrics too, like a wool/silk/elastane blend, and some of the coats this season are made from a 'storm proof' cashmere. Which is something like a layer of gore-tex, a layer of neoprene and a very tightly woven wool, apparently it's hydrophobic (not 100% sure on all these details). The coats are very expensive though, but very nice. Overall I think it's a great brand and would definitely recommend, they have a store on duke street in London where you can see the stuff in person/try it on!

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What is advised when buying something off sale and it arrives sort of beat up. Got a Patrik Ervell insulated bomber during their sale ($240) and it arrived with some marks on the nylon, the inside pocket was torn with the insulation leaking, and one of the pockets was torn. I really like the item and just plan on having a tailor repair..

ambyance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is advised when buying something off sale and it arrives sort of beat up. Got a Patrik Ervell insulated bomber during their sale ($240) and it arrived with some marks on the nylon, the inside pocket was torn with the insulation leaking, and one of the pockets was torn. I really like the item and just plan on having a tailor repair..
email and ask for compensation (usually store credit) since you want to keep the item.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does he know about your alter ego?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

the partner I work for just walked into my office wearing a suit from SuitSupply and asked me about Kamakura shirts

this is like the Abe Simpson "I used to be with it" problem but in reverse

'sup. :smarmy:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Group buy? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads