• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

+1  I saw a tan suede 5-zip from the new season which looks really nice. It's light weight so might work for your occasional cool tropic night. 

Yeah the 5Zip is also very nice

Thanks guys, suede it is

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Damn, got me thinking about a 5-zip again...

That suede one is a handsome jacket

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
DOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOIT

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Coldsnap thanks, those bison ones look good but not for 110, the $19 ones looked ****. No matter anyway because Isaora finally put there's online and I guess I just missed it. $45 for 100% merino. Easy.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, got me thinking about a 5-zip again...

That suede one is a handsome jacket
You, sir, you should get a suede Type III jacket from Aero. That would suit you really well. A size 36, for sure. I am a size 38, but I think that you would take a 36 rather than a 34.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RIP to the legendary David Bowie.

****, at first I thought you meant because of his ****** new album.... damn, I thought he was immortal.

Sounds pretty good to me so far, I don't mind the Scott Walker influence and it even makes me think of Station to Station a tiny bit.

Anyway...

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Thin White Duke to early 80s Bowie style was everything

Last edited:

NorthCoast

Reaction score
^ that last one is pretty fun.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

diniro

Reaction score
I can't think of anyone else who deserves appreciation posts in the music, movies, AND fashion threads. This is one of my favorite uses of a song in a movie:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

giphy.gif

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

You, sir, you should get a suede Type III jacket from Aero.  That would suit you really well.  A size 36, for sure.  I am a size 38, but I think that you would take a 36 rather than a 34.

I'm going to steal this idea thanks buddy. What size would I be for a 41-42?

Last edited:

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where to find a good, plain, long/tall beanie/watch cap?
Preferably merino, yak or possum type of wool in a grey or neutral cream type of colour. I have no idea what I'm looking at on army surplus sites. There's plenty of wool/cash blends but I'm not necessarily looking for designer prices. The EG cashmere ones from FW15 would be perfect but they're ~$100 on sale. Norse are like $40, decent?

Dude, google New Zealand stuff - possum is a pest there so they have a pretty good possum fur industry churning out some good stuff.

RXS09

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1  I saw a tan suede 5-zip from the new season which looks really nice. It's light weight so might work for your occasional cool tropic night. 

Yeah the 5Zip is also very nice

Thanks guys, suede it is

I've wanted a 5 zip for years but I'm hesitant because of the varying leather quality/cut of the jacket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads