• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I've been looking for a nice leather leather one that I like for so long that I've had to hunt down the only Wool 5Zip I've seen. That tobacco suede 5Zip is up there on my purchase list as well, I just have to ask myself if I REALLY love it since its 3k and I get maybe a week max to wear it during the year

My favorite 5Zip at the moment

RXS09

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really wanted a black one until I saw that brown one that Eddie has

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When e-mailing stores or sellers with questions about a specific item, is it common courtesy to reply after you are given the answer to tell them whether or not you are interested? I thank them in the first e-mail.

Had someone on the site that shall not be named spam me with "so?" after every question I asked, wanted to tell him to **** off but also wanted to make sure I haven't been doing it wrong all this time.

Which reminds me, my favorite kind of offer is when someone lowballs you then adds "paypal ready!" As if even though they are lowballers, they are the honest kind who follow through, and not the other kind who leave you hanging after the lowball.

Second favorite is when someone offers $150 on a $200 item, then when you click on their account, it shows "Location: Asia." I just imagine them playing it off like, oops forgot shipping costs money, sorry bro.

Lastly, hope you don't mind but I thought this was hilarious, gonna use that line from now on. SFer who probably got lowballed one too many times:

Last edited:

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When e-mailing stores or sellers with questions about a specific item, is it common courtesy to reply after you are given the answer to tell them whether or not you are interested? I thank them in the first e-mail.

Had someone on the site that shall not be named spam me with "so?" after every question I asked, wanted to tell him to **** off but also wanted to make sure I haven't been doing it wrong the entire time.

Which reminds me, my favorite kind of offer is when someone lowballs you then adds "paypal ready!" As if even though they are lowballers, they are the honest kind who follow through, and not the other kind who leaves you hanging after the lowball.

Second favorite is when someone bids $150 on a $200 item, then when you click on their account, it shows "Location: Asia." I just imagine them playing it off like, oops forgot shipping costs money, sorry bro.

Lastly, hope you don't mind but I thought this was hilarious, gonna use that line from now on. SFer who probably got lowballed one too many times:

I'm not sure that there is a rule on this.

I kind of appreciate the "paypal ready" thing though, I can't count how many times someone pitched a best offer and didn't pay afterwards, or just asked to cancel the transaction after bidding.

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I kind of appreciate the "paypal ready" thing though, I can't count how many times someone pitched a best offer and didn't pay afterwards, or just asked to cancel the transaction after bidding.

Counterpoint - I can't count the number of times I've accepted an offer that came accompanied by ye olde "Paypal ready" and then never heard from the dude again. I don't really get excited about accepted offers anymore. Hell, given the stories I hear about scammers I don't even get excited about sales where the dude actually pays until 90 days after the transaction when they can't open a Paypal case anymore.

Last edited:

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When e-mailing stores or sellers with questions about a specific item, is it common courtesy to reply after you are given the answer to tell them whether or not you are interested? I thank them in the first e-mail. Had someone on the site that shall not be named spam me with "so?" after every question I asked, wanted to tell him to **** off but also wanted to make sure I haven't been doing it wrong all this time. Which reminds me, my favorite kind of offer is when someone lowballs you then adds "paypal ready!" As if even though they are lowballers, they are the honest kind who follow through, and not the other kind who leave you hanging after the lowball. Second favorite is when someone offers $150 on a $200 item, then when you click on their account, it shows "Location: Asia." I just imagine them playing it off like, oops forgot shipping costs money, sorry bro. Lastly, hope you don't mind but I thought this was hilarious, gonna use that line from now on. SFer who probably got lowballed one too many times:
Lol. Dude should have the measurements there in the first place. If you can't be bothered to spend 5 minutes typing out measurements for what is a presumably hundreds of dollars... What are you doing. If someone asks me a question I'll answer it and usually it was something I overlooked so I'll update the post with that info. I always out no international shipping yet there's always tons of Canadians who put up low ball offers any ways.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
I have sold a few items on Grilled where the person was out of the US (and their profile was blank, and they made no mention of it in our negotiations). I just asked them to please add another PayPal payment with $XX for the shipping. If they were not OK with that, I simply refund their payment. Pretty simple. Most everyone has been amicable and has sent the additional money.

Last edited:

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be fair he did have measurements listed but I almost always ask for pictures to confirm cuz I don't trust anyone with a tape measure.

tgaith77

Reaction score
If I send a offer to someone that I'd could likely be taken as a lowball, I just say something like, "Would you consider XX? Not trying to lowball you, just trying to work within a budget. For what its worth, I'm a regular member/ top rated member/ etc. who'd pay immediately. Thanks for considering."

At this point in the process, the seller has no compulsion to sell for anything lower that what he's asking for. Being nice is sometimes the only leverage you have.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
holy **** moo is back

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
www.hancockva.com

Seems interesting and lots of cool collabos (Post Imperial, Beams, Tenue de Nimes, etc.)

@LA Guy
@Synthese

Last edited:

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
www.hancockva.com

Seems interesting and lots of cool collabos (Post Imeprial, Beams, Tunue de Nimes, etc.)

As you posted this I was eating curry with @willy cheesesteak and @Tirailleur1 and he showed us some pics of his Hancock collab samples. It looks awesome.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
were you at..... gogo curry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads