• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else feel like they're a SW&D guy at heart, but find themselves purging their closet of their cool stuff because they can't wear it anymore? I feel like I identify more on this side of the SF pond, but the more I look at my closet, all I have left are JE jeans, GATs, a 5 zip that I can't fit into, and a SLP nylon bomber and suede chelseas left to show for it.

Feels bad man. Maybe I'm just getting old and boring in my old age

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it counts I have a bunch of different versions of the same Lee Rider jacket. I have the classic 101j, the white 100j, stormrider, kapital century version, and kapital denim bone version. I also have two pairs of cordovan LHS, I've been meaning to sell a pair but been lazy to do so.

Aside from that I try to not have multiples, although 80% of my clothes is thrifted/vintage so it's very hard to have multiples.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Why can't you wear it?
I find myself either wearing workout gear when I'm at home/running errands, oir scrubs or a suit/jacket when working/if I can get out rarely. A lot of the really cool stuff I got in my early 20s and my body is just not the same shape it was back then, which meant getting rid of stuff that won't ever fit (or fit right). I thought about selling my 5 zip and getting a SLP leather jacket in my current size but then I have to question would I even wear it/is it worth spending the thousands of dollars difference between the two if I wear it once or twice a year if that.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have this ridiculous habit of buying the same thing, in slightly different colors from different makers.

Navy blue chore jackets and olive trousers...I'm talking about you.
Same.

I have olive trousers in constant rotation from at least 4 different makers. Same thing with khaki military inspired "officer chinos".

I also have a hard time passing up blue chambray button down shirts or university stripe OCBD shirts when I see them.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
@LA Guy my friend @OccultaVexillum is wondering why he was timed out and asks how long it's for? He needs to DM tracking information to someone who just bought something from him
Not my call, but I'll ask in the mod PM thread that we have.

he got timed out for posting in a drake thread that he has an item for sale. all the brand-specific and even store-specific (NWMA) threads have this, makes no sense. this is worse than what was done to Miran

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he got timed out for posting in a drake thread that he has an item for sale. all the brand-specific and even store-specific (NWMA) threads have this, makes no sense. this is worse than what was done to Miran
The affiliate vendors complain about this and the posts are removed regularly. They are also not technically allowed, but we tolerate them in swd, since the two sides of the forum have different cultures. In any case, he was warned and did it regardless. That’s on him. That said, he stood be back soon.

Who was Miran again?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did people know that there's a whole genre of Carhartt songs??

1) Cool
2) Someone’s bored
3) Still not sure why every brand that does a fashion line (WIP, Veillance, etc…) doesn’t use the heavy duty materials that were part of the appeal of the brands to begin with.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads