• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been thinking about picking up a hoodie from Ssense but the measurements make it seem kind of short - how did you size?

haven't seen it come up lately but since it's a recurring question, figured I'd chime in to say the finest MiUSA sweats I've tried are from SK Manor Hill. the material (super heavyweight but extremely soft) and boxy cut are perfect. WFH + finally cold weather = living in these for the next 3-4 months.

Octobab

Reaction score
Let me know if you discover from where.

Not the same buckle, but Morjas offers belts with a similar tapered-horsehoe shape. Not quite as good, but they're at a lower cost and in more leather options:

Otherwise, Berg & Berg has said on their Instagram the brown suede will be coming back this month.

Rookoobay

Reaction score
Been thinking about picking up a hoodie from Ssense but the measurements make it seem kind of short - how did you size?

TTS (large). I just measured the back length and it's 25.5". I was worried about that too but it doesn't feel short (probably due to hem not being tight + heavy material stretching down a bit). I won't throw it in the dryer though.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first time on this side of the forum. Please tell me if I'm posting in the wrong thread but the search function on StyFo is horrible. Anyways, does anyone know a brand and model that fits similar to Nudies Steady Eddie II? I have a pair in their raw Japanese selvedge but I am eyeing something in a lighter colour. Any recommendations?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first time on this side of the forum. Please tell me if I'm posting in the wrong thread but the search function on StyFo is horrible. Anyways, does anyone know a brand and model that fits similar to Nudies Steady Eddie II? I have a pair in their raw Japanese selvedge but I am eyeing something in a lighter colour. Any recommendations?
We use elastisearch, which is about as good as it gets outside of Google, which really tells you the difference between Google and everyone else. Unfortunately, implementing google search directly into the forum is difficult to style, and so you get the way you get. If people tagged better, things would be better, but it's hard to get people to establish that habit.

No immediate recommendations re jeans.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We use elastisearch, which is about as good as it gets outside of Google, which really tells you the difference between Google and everyone else. Unfortunately, implementing google search directly into the forum is difficult to style, and so you get the way you get. If people tagged better, things would be better, but it's hard to get people to establish that habit.

No immediate recommendations re jeans.
Ah, I see. Criticism wasn't directed at you or the coding. It just very difficult to find what you look for when you use the search function :)

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Buying multiples of a realy dope thing in different colors or fabrics. Cool or nah?

I think that's good for accessories -- scarves, socks, belts, etc. Not sure I would do it for big pieces such as outerwear. I've done it for sweaters, although I find myself mostly reaching for the same ones.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it would make sense for things like shirts or turtlenecks if you have a certain look that is relatively uni-format but varied in colour. What I wear for work in the colder months is basically like this now: casual suit + wool turtleneck + boots. And yes, a few of the turtlenecks I have are the same model in different colours. I imagine shirts would work the same way, if you find a particular model that suits you.

jaaz16

Reaction score
Ive found it to be better in theory than in practice
I think that's good for accessories -- scarves, socks, belts, etc. Not sure I would do it for big pieces such as outerwear. I've done it for sweaters, although I find myself mostly reaching for the same ones.

Agree with both of these answers. But for me the catch--and there's always a catch--is that I can't predict which color/fabric I will find myself mostly reaching for ahead of time. Sometimes I need the multiples to figure that out.

I've done it for pants when I really like the cut. And in nearly all of those instances I do find myself wearing all of them pretty equally.

Rookoobay

Reaction score
definitely cool (I've picked up 8-10 of the same Porter Classic shirt in different colors/fabrics this past year)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads