• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about Neighbor? Schneider, Lemaire, Engineered Garments, Frank Leder, etc

They closed down their Toronto location early last year, unfortunately.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I want to move a rack of outerwear to the garage, what material cover should I get? Assume materials ranging from wool to leather.

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they were worth keeping, I'd look at getting some "salesman" garment bag made from Canvas. Made for covering multiple garments on hangers that are on rolling racks. Can't vouch for this company but something like this.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are definitely coats that I want to keep.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IIRC try https://www.banhmiboys.com/, its chain but good sandwiches

Serpentine if its still around

+1

Funny enough, I don't tend to order banh mi at Banh Mi Boys - I lean towards their other offerings. I don't go as often as I did in the past but they're a go to for me when I need something cheap to fill me up for a little while.

Serpentine is still around - they'll stick around for as long as they feel like running it. Their buys for the brands I like usually don't jive with me but it's a cool shop nonetheless. They finally have an online store operating too - the pandemic forced their hand on that, I imagine.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I want to move a rack of outerwear to the garage, what material cover should I get? Assume materials ranging from wool to leather.

I really like these zip wardrobes from ikea - they fully seal, so there's no need for individual garment bags to fiddle around with, making getting things in/out so much easier. Might have to get 2 to replace a rack. They're way sturdier than they seem!

Screenshot_20220103-085731_Chrome.jpg

sbaiamonte

Reaction score
I have a pair of Moonstar All Weather high tops that I like. They're rubberized and thus waterproof, at least at the bottom. They are kind of goofy looking, but I think go well with slightly offbeat workwear brands such as Engineered Garments. They can also be worn with some CM type stuff, so long as you're not doing a sport coat. Drake's used to sell them and I think they go well with their look. They come in a bunch of colors, but here's white and green

View attachment 1481549 View attachment 1481551
Do/did you treat the rubber with anything to help with the white blooming/marks? Love my all weather boots but don't have any experience with high quality rubber and don't know the best route to take with treating it to keep it from looking so blotchy.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Do/did you treat the rubber with anything to help with the white blooming/marks? Love my all weather boots but don't have any experience with high quality rubber and don't know the best route to take with treating it to keep it from looking so blotchy.

I don't get any bloom, but you can usually brush bloom out of leather with a horsehair brush, like you would polishing off wax.

chimera_states

Reaction score
any makers doing a sport coat/trousers in a fabric similar to the EG F/W 21 gun club check? trying to avoid the acrylic fabric

check out kaptain sunshine's gun club check offerings, especially their two pleats trousers. the 18aw fabric is 77% wool, 23% alpaca. not sure about the more recent versions.

kaptain-sunshine-two-pleats-trousers.jpeg

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Funny enough, I don't tend to order banh mi at Banh Mi Boys - I lean towards their other offerings. I don't go as often as I did in the past but they're a go to for me when I need something cheap to fill me up for a little while.

Serpentine is still around - they'll stick around for as long as they feel like running it. Their buys for the brands I like usually don't jive with me but it's a cool shop nonetheless. They finally have an online store operating too - the pandemic forced their hand on that, I imagine.

i recall trying something besides bahn mi there as well but this was it 2013, haven’t been to Toronto since.

the owner of serpentine was actually super chill. He was hung over to all hell when I came by and was laying on couch. Apologized and told me to feel free n browse, we chat about CCP n stuff.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really like these zip wardrobes from ikea - they fully seal, so there's no need for individual garment bags to fiddle around with, making getting things in/out so much easier. Might have to get 2 to replace a rack. They're way sturdier than they seem!

View attachment 1730542

that’s awesome, esp for 12.99

Rookoobay

Reaction score
haven't seen it come up lately but since it's a recurring question, figured I'd chime in to say the finest MiUSA sweats I've tried are from SK Manor Hill. the material (super heavyweight but extremely soft) and boxy cut are perfect. WFH + finally cold weather = living in these for the next 3-4 months.

sk-hoodie.jpeg

IMG_0625.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads