• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4157A69F-8964-4999-BE67-EAC62D5AB7F0.png

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Years weekend plug of the Best of 2021 thread. Post your favorite new pieces of the year or stuff you're still going strong with years later.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is random fashion thoughts, not all of whorish's thoughts every second of everyday

I need a statistical model to convince me.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Any cool independent shops or retailers in Toronto? In town for a few days. Tempted to check out local businesses and maybe cop some clothing before I go back to the States.

Edit: My bad if this is the wrong thread ?.

Happy New Years y'all!
Haven, Blue Button Shop, Nomad, Lost & Found, Uncle Otis, Park Province, Muddy George

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any cool independent shops or retailers in Toronto? In town for a few days. Tempted to check out local businesses and maybe cop some clothing before I go back to the States.

Happy New Years y'all!

Here are most of the independent stores that carry men's clothing that I can think of. I'm not sure if you care about CM-leaning casual clothing, but I'll throw in some of those stores too (not that we have many good ones around here). Some of these places are currently closed for walk-ins because of the omicron variant becoming more prevalent in the city - curbside pick-up should be possible, but double check their website if there's anything you find on their respective websites that you're interested in.

Some of them I'll group into neighbourhoods/areas so that you could consider hitting multiple spots.

Currently a work in progress, as I'll likely be saving this to copy + paste in the future when the next person asks about Toronto.

Outliers Not in the Below Neighbourhoods/Areas (If I Remember Correctly)

Haven (Old Town District) - Streetwear that focuses on workwear and techwear. Also carries a good selection of Japanese brands (Cav Empt, Wacko Maria, CdG Homme, Kapital, Junya Watanabe, Human Made), including most of the legacy ones like Wtaps, Neighborhood and A Bathing Ape. (Yeah yeah, BAPE technically isn't Japanese owned anymore.)

Himel Bros - I don't think they normally do walk-ins, but it doesn't hurt to try contacting them if you ever wanted a leather jacket from them.

Robert Jones (Financial District) - they've been arond for close to 100 years and are arguably one of the best independent CM-focused menswear stores in the Financial District, and in the city. Some brands include Inis Meian, Edward Green, Dents, Kiton and Finamore.

Woolridge Shoes (Financial District) - Ivor carries a good selection of British made footwear in this Financial District shop, such as Loake, Sanders and Tricker's.

West End Neighbourhoods (Brockton Village, Roncesvalles, Parkdale)

Blue Button Shop (Curbside pick-up - closed for walk-ins) - Slow Fashion unisex basics and workwear, with a Japanese aesthetic. Extensive Kapital selection, along with other good brands like Viberg, nanamica, Orslow, Porter Yoshida, Iron Heart, Junya Watanabe and South2 West8.

Frances Watson (Curbside pick-up - closed for walk-ins) - Unisex shop that has good Henrik VIbskov buys, as well as other niche brands and solid staples (Velva Sheen).

Gerhard Supply

Latre Art & Style

Livestock
- this location has most of the clothing, while its other location is more sneaker focused. Beams Plus, Junya, Nike, etc.

Muddy George - I still haven't been here yet, but they carry pretty standard basics and casuals, like Portuguese Flannel and 3sixteen.

Muttonhead - Fair trade accessories and outerwear.

Outlier - the flagship store for this Canadian label.

Public Butter - Parkdale's go-to place for vintage finds.

VSP Consignment - higher end contemporary clothing on consignment.

Queen West/Trinity-Bellwoods

Area001 - Higher end contemporary streetwear. Les Tien, JW Anderson, TakahiroMiyashitaTheSoloist, DRKSHDW.

Australian Boot Company - If you're in the mood for Blundstone's or RM Williams boots, go here.

dutil - One of the go-to denim shops in the city - carries most "reputable" denim brands known in these parts.

gravitypope - Built their business through footwear, but have branched out into contemporary casual clothing and streetwear as well.

I Miss You - this consignment shop has a stronger woman's section, but the men's side ain't too shabby either if it fits your taste.

Lost and Found - a wide range of casual and smart casual stuff, and overall Good People. They have a lot of stuff, though they are the go-to place for Alden, Viberg and The Real McCoys.

Park and Province - another great smart casual place run be people who used to work at the Oliver Spencer Toronto store when it was still around. A great place for Portuguese Flannel, Oliver Spencer, and other good brands.

Sydney's - an independent menswear shop that leans more CM these days but carries good basics as well. They have excellent customer service!

Town Moto - Motorcycle apparel and clothing.

Fashion District

Due West
getoutside
Livestock
(mostly sneakers/streetwear basics at this location)
te koop - great selection of bags!

Chinatown

Nomad (Curbside pick-up - closed for walk-ins)
Uncle Otis

Yorkville

Capsule (Curbside pick-up - closed for walk-ins) - mostly sneakers and streetwear basics at this location. Their Markham location is where they house their more contemporary streetwear/labels (Engineered Garments, Blue Blue Japan, FR2).

CNTRBND
The Serpentine
The Webster
TNT
(The New Trend, not the Asian supermarket chain)

While these aren't independent, it's worth checking out the Holt Renfrew Men's store, and maybe the Harry Rosen flagship store if you're in Yorkville. (They're beside each other.)

~

Of the above, I frequent Lost & Found, Uncle Otis, Blue Button Shop and Haven the most because they carry most of the brands I like and/or I've had good experiences there. I also like going into te Koop, Nomad and CNTRBND on occasion.

Last edited:

SimModa

Reaction score
Haven, Blue Button Shop, Nomad, Lost & Found, Uncle Otis, Park Province, Muddy George
Here are most of the independent stores that carry men's clothing that I can think of. I'm not sure if you care about CM-leaning casual clothing, but I'll throw in some of those stores too (not that we have many good ones around here). Some of these places are currently closed for walk-ins because of the omicron variant becoming more prevalent in the city - curbside pick-up should be possible, but double check their website if there's anything you find on their respective websites that you're interested in.

Some of them I'll group into neighbourhoods/areas so that you could consider hitting multiple spots.

Haven (Old Town District) - Streetwear that focuses on workwear and techwear. Also carries a good selection of Japanese brands (Cav Empt, Wacko Maria, CdG Homme, Junya Watanabe, Human Made), including most of the legacy ones like Wtaps, Neighborhood and A Bathing Ape. (Yeah yeah, BAPE technically isn't Japanese owned anymore.)

Himel Bros - I don't think they normally do walk-ins, but it doesn't hurt to try contacting them if you ever wanted a leather jacket from them.

Robert Jones - they've been arond for close to 100 years and are arguably one of the best independent CM-focused menswear stores in the Financial District, and in the city. Some brands include Inis Meian, Edward Green, Dents, Kiton and Finamore.

Woolridge Shoes - Ivor carries a good selection of British made footwear in this Financial District shop, such as Loake, Sanders and Tricker's.

Blue Button Shop (Curbside pick-up - closed for walk-ins) - Slow Fashion unisex basics and workwear, with a Japanese aesthetic. Extensive Kapital selection, along with other good brands like Viberg, nanamica, Orslow, Porter Yoshida, Iron Heart, Junya Watanabe and South2 West8.

Frances Watson (Curbside pick-up - closed for walk-ins) - Unisex shop that does Henrik VIbskov

One of my favourite unisex shops in the city. It does have a
Livestock - this location has most of the clothing. Beams Plus, Junya, Nike, etc.
Muddy George -

Area001 (Higher end contemporary streetwear - Les Tien, JW Anderson, TakahiroMiyashitaTheSoloist, DRKSHDW)
Australian Boot Company (If you're in the bood for Blundstone's or RM Williams boots)
dutil (One of the go-to denim shops in the city - carries most "reputable" denim brands known in these parts.)
gravitypope (Built their business through footwear, but have branched out into contemporary casual clothing and streetwear as well.)
Lost and Found
Park and Province
Sydney's
Town Moto

Fashion District

Due West
getoutside
Livestock
te koop

Chinatown

Nomad (closed for walk-ins, can do curbside pickup if there's anything from their sale you like)
Uncle Otis

Yorkville

Capsule (most likely closed for walk-ins, curbside pickup available)
CNTRBND
The Serpentine
The Webster
TNT (The New Trend, not the Asian supermarket chain)

thank you! Going to dive in and look into these spots

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Happy New Years y'all!

IIRC try https://www.banhmiboys.com/, its chain but good sandwiches

Serpentine if its still around

I am digging the "Utility" version of Chuck 70's

View attachment 1729404
View attachment 1729399
+1

Kal Varnsen

Reaction score

Currently a work in progress, as I'll likely be saving this to copy + paste in the future when the next person asks about Toronto.

Haven (Old Town District) - Streetwear that focuses on workwear and techwear. Also carries a good selection of Japanese brands (Cav Empt, Wacko Maria, CdG Homme, Kapital, Junya Watanabe, Human Made), including most of the legacy ones like Wtaps, Neighborhood and A Bathing Ape. (Yeah yeah, BAPE technically isn't Japanese owned anymore.)

Robert Jones (Financial District) - they've been arond for close to 100 years and are arguably one of the best independent CM-focused menswear stores in the Financial District, and in the city. Some brands include Inis Meian, Edward Green, Dents, Kiton and Finamore.

Woolridge Shoes (Financial District) - Ivor carries a good selection of British made footwear in this Financial District shop, such as Loake, Sanders and Tricker's.

Frances Watson (Curbside pick-up - closed for walk-ins) - Unisex shop that has good Henrik VIbskov buys, as well as other niche brands and solid staples (Velva Sheen).

Livestock - this location has most of the clothing, while its other location is more sneaker focused. Beams Plus, Junya, Nike, etc.

Muddy George - I still haven't been here yet, but they carry pretty standard basics and casuals, like Portuguese Flannel and 3sixteen.

Outlier - the flagship store for this Canadian label.

Area001 - Higher end contemporary streetwear. Les Tien, JW Anderson, TakahiroMiyashitaTheSoloist, DRKSHDW.

Australian Boot Company - If you're in the bood for Blundstone's or RM Williams boots, go here.

dutil - One of the go-to denim shops in the city - carries most "reputable" denim brands known in these parts.

gravitypope - Built their business through footwear, but have branched out into contemporary casual clothing and streetwear as well.

I Miss You - this consignment shop has a stronger woman's section, but the men's side ain't too shabby either if it fits your taste.

Lost and Found - a wide range of casual and smart casual stuff, and overall Good People. They have a lot of stuff, though they are the go-to place for Alden, Viberg and The Real McCoys.

Park and Province - another great smart casual place run be people who used to work at the Oliver Spencer Toronto store when it was still around. A great place for Portuguese Flannel, Oliver Spencer, and other good brands.

Sydney's - an independent menswear shop that leans more CM these days but carries good basics as well. They have excellent customer service!

Town Moto - Motorcycle apparel and clothing.

Fashion District

Due West
getoutside
Livestock
te koop - great selection of bags!

Chinatown

Nomad (Curbside pick-up - closed for walk-ins)
Uncle Otis

Yorkville

Capsule (Curbside pick-up - closed for walk-ins) - mostly sneakers and streetwear basics at this location. Their Markham location is where they house their more contemporary streetwear/labels (Engineered Garments, Blue Blue Japan, FR2).

CNTRBND
The Serpentine
The Webster
TNT
(The New Trend, not the Asian supermarket chain)

While these aren't independent, it's worth checking out the Holt Renfrew Men's store, and maybe the Harry Rosen flagship store if you're in Yorkville. (They're beside each other.)

~

Of the above, I frequent Lost & Found, Uncle Otis, Blue Button Shop and Haven the most because they carry most of the brands I like and/or I've had good experiences there. I also like going into te Koop, Nomad and CNTRBND on occasion.

How about Neighbor? Schneider, Lemaire, Engineered Garments, Frank Leder, etc

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member