• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ralph feinnes wardrobe in skyfall!

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I preferred Feinnes' suits to bonds, love the braces. Excuse my ignorance but who's A&S?

Watch the movie "the avengers" not the superhero one the one with ralph feinnes and uma thurman. Terrible movie but the suits were great

Alvinbmx

Reaction score
Would love to find out more about the new M's suit, especially the one with blue stripes.

Anyone has more details?

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Indeed. I was ogling his suits (and none of the girls) the whole time. He didn't have a fishtail but I saw that there were two straps protruding out that had buttons that allowed the braces to be attached to them. I think they can be tucked into the trousers if braces are not worn.

Movie sucked, girls were blah but Ralph's suits :slayer:

OffTheRack

Reaction score
The three piece that the MI6 psychologist who analyzed Bond wore was very nice too.

duggyald

Reaction score
Fiennes just wore it better in my opinion, Craig gets all the attention because he is Bond but Fiennes fared well in the movie too..he's older now still carries himself well.

TomTom

Reaction score
The movie was great but Daniel Craig's suits looked like he bought them in Topman...and a size to small. Nothing against Tom Ford but James Bond should be wearing English tailoring end off!! And that means no Brioni or Zegna either.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The movie was great but Daniel Craig's suits looked like he bought them in Topman...and a size to small. Nothing against Tom Ford but James Bond should be wearing English tailoring end off!! And that means no Brioni or Zegna either.

I agree, but the suits in Skyfall were double bad. The suits in QoS, while also TF, actually fit pretty well. CR was still Brioni, and again, they fit pretty well. All the self-striped shirts in that movie were dreadful, but the suits fit. Skyfall... Disaster for suits.

But yeah, Ralph Fiennes' suits were excellent. First time we saw him on screen, he wasnt wearing a coat, and I leaned over to my wife and said "That's how a pair of trousers are supposed to fit."

otacon

Reaction score
There are some technical details that are "wrong" with Bond's suits--the collar gap is one of them already mentioned. I think they took that as a trade off, though, for the fit of the suit they were going for. I really got the impression it was meant more as a uniform than anything else--like he was supposed to look like a superhero in it. The cut, while short, is aggressive. No, it doesn't look relaxed and necessarily refined, but it's not supposed to. Rather, I felt like it was supposed to look like he was coming at you, ready to tear your face off, while he was standing still.

Fiennes's suits were wonderful, and exactly what you would want from someone in his position in government in the film. The contrast between the two was what, for me, made it acceptable that Bond's suits looked so....different. We know someone understands suiting when we see Ralph's suits, so there must be something they're going for with Craig's.

yywwyy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There are some technical details that are "wrong" with Bond's suits--the collar gap is one of them already mentioned. I think they took that as a trade off, though, for the fit of the suit they were going for. I really got the impression it was meant more as a uniform than anything else--like he was supposed to look like a superhero in it. The cut, while short, is aggressive. No, it doesn't look relaxed and necessarily refined, but it's not supposed to. Rather, I felt like it was supposed to look like he was coming at you, ready to tear your face off, while he was standing still.
Fiennes's suits were wonderful, and exactly what you would want from someone in his position in government in the film. The contrast between the two was what, for me, made it acceptable that Bond's suits looked so....different. We know someone understands suiting when we see Ralph's suits, so there must be something they're going for with Craig's.

I see what you mean, but even the look you're describing was not executed well with the cut of Bond's suits. That look can be made much better, especially without the ridiculous tightness. It's true that slim suits look modern, but there's two types of slim: Slim in the correct places with purpose, and just tight from sizing down too much. The costume designer either didn't do enough research, or had no idea how to achieve the look she wanted...or both.

Here's an example to illustrate what I mean:
1. Slim, but still fitting well:

2. Bond's suits in the movie:

Now, one might argue that Craig's shape is very different that the guys above, but that's no reason to make suits tight. He should look even better in a well-fitting, slim suit.

Last edited:

E TF

Reaction score

I thought Ralph's suits were Timothy Everest. http://www.timothyeverest.co.uk/blog/?p=1240

Well that says the dinner suit he wore to the premiere was made by Timothy Everest, but makes no mention of the suits in the film itself. It's possible whoever did make Fiennes' suits is bound by a confidentially clause; whoever it is they are not making the song and dance about it that you might expect.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wish we had more pics of his suits! I've been looking for a pic with his jacket off so I can see what type of braces he's wearing?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads