• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Whoa, are those Clarendon? That's pretty much the best C&J has to offer. Hand stitched - I think they cost 600 GBP now considering the price increase.

Last edited:

Rrolack

Reaction score
^ Whoa, are those Clarendon? That's pretty much the best C&J has to offer. Hand stitched - I think they cost 600 GBP now considering the price increase.

Those actually aren't Clarendon's; they're these:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.®-Algonquin-Split-Toes/273H,default,pd.html

which are different from the Clarendon in a few ways: it's a different last (317, vs 358 for the Clarendon), the brown is lighter in color, and I'm pretty sure the apron isn't hand-stitched. I actually tried on the Clarendon as well, and liked these better - the 358 was too pointy for casual wear (IMO).

DrNik

Reaction score
How much can I reasonably expect to ask for a pair of Islay that have been worn twice? Size-wise they should be good for me but heel slips and they seem to long at toe

puffy

Reaction score
Shoe care?

With cream as well as wax?

C&J only recommends wax but you'd think that kills the original colour and doesn't penetrate the leather, drying it out, right?

0.jpg

John Lobb both cream and wax:

0.jpg

Last edited:

crzcrz

Reaction score
Shoe care?

With cream as well as wax?

C&J only recommends wax but you'd think that kills the original colour and doesn't penetrate the leather, drying it out, right?
But.. but.. they start with applying cream on 1:18.

Sergey

Reaction score
I heard that 325 is asymmetric last (fit for people with inward curved feet, like a banana), is it correct?
Thanks.

TGuns

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am looking at purchasing a Crockett Jones Hallam on 348 last and am wondering how it compares to the Allen Edmonds 65 last. I am 9.5 (US) D on the AE 65 last. Would I be a 9.5 in the CJ Hallam as well or should be looking at a different size?

treipok

Reaction score
Hi....i wrote CJ, and they have sent me (free) a pair of the tan (chunky) laces for the pembroke as the ones i bought are different from the ones that appear on their website. I highly recommend you to do so, because the pembrokes with these laces are far much beautiful than with the black laces....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads