• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you can get both then you are set :)

And your next two pairs after that can be

1.) Black Westbourne

2.) Black or Brown Wax Calf Tetbury Boot (great for use in poor weather (rain/snow) because of the waxed calf and because of the dainite sole. Still conservative business dress too...ofc black trumps brown in the world of conservative business dress.

http://www.crockettandjones.com/product/tetbury-black-ant-nu#.U0gSZVeJSTs

EDITED: Also, the Tetbury is C&J's best selling boot...

I have 4 pairs of them...and I love them
inlove.gif

Last edited:

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, whats most important is that you buy shoes that fit you well and serve the purposes of your workplace and wardrobe.

But I get the feeling you will be purchasing a pair of Tetbury's sooner than you think...especially if your wife wants you to get them hahaha
lol8[1].gif

But in all honesty, they are fantastic boots...that can definitely be worn in a conservative business dress wardrobe...and that are a great go-to when the weather sucks.

Rudals

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
SF has changed me a lot. I hated neats (ties) but now I have developed a taste to love 'em. I thought they were just atrocious at first but I just didn't know any better. If wife says it is good, then I most likely will end up getting it.
lol8[1].gif

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone advice me what last is the most " British " and most formal for C&J Oxford shoes (suit and a tie)?

Would that be 341? So far, I'm deciding between the Newgate 332, Arden 341, Radstock 341 or Audley 337, but do I miss something?

Please note that I hate even slightly elongated look of the shoe. Thanks.

kaizo

Reaction score

Can anyone advice me what last is the most " British " and most formal for C&J Oxford shoes (suit and a tie)?

Would that be 341?  So far, I'm deciding between the Newgate 332, Arden 341, Radstock 341 or Audley 337, but do I miss something?

Please note that I hate even slightly elongated look of the shoe. Thanks.

236 probably has the more traditional toe shape along with Audry. Connaught on the 236 has been sold for 30+ years so its a safe bet its not as avant-garde as other lasts.

LeSacre

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the correct sizing conversion would be for Barneys' C&J shoes on the 341 last? For example, a Sydney loafer marked 8 US, would it be 7.5 UK or 7 UK? I've read both...

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should have saved these photos for the Hanger shoe polish contest on Sunday ..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads