• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

CTBrummie

Reaction score

Can anyone speak to the differences in sizing/feel of the 325 vs. 335. For point of reference, the Coniston is on the 325 and the Skye 2 is on the 335. Thanks.

I wear the same in both. I know some people recommend sizing down a half with the 325 but this wouldn't work at all with me, even more so if I'm wearing chunky socks.

I would, however, say that the 335 is a closer fit, and this fits with the Skye not being quite as rustic as Coniston.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw these on the bay today and thought it worth reposting here since I've never seen a pic of this makeup before - an Islay in nubuck.

fyi: I'm not affiliated with the seller, but I will say that he has a reasonable buy it now price (it's a size UK 8E). Search ebay for islay nubuck and you'll find it.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone speak to the differences in sizing/feel of the 325 vs. 335. For point of reference, the Coniston is on the 325 and the Skye 2 is on the 335. Thanks.

I wear the same in both. I know some people recommend sizing down a half with the 325 but this wouldn't work at all with me, even more so if I'm wearing chunky socks.

I would, however, say that the 335 is a closer fit, and this fits with the Skye not being quite as rustic as Coniston.

Thank you.

dusttruffle

Reaction score

^ Great question... I'd like to know as well..

^^ triple that. I do want to give the Skye/Skye 2 a try at some point and I have no experience with the 335 last. Thanks, Seven!

Personally (idiot's disclaimer : people's feet are different)

My TrueBalance / shell LWB Barrie size is US 8D
shell indy's fit well, a touch snug at first, but minimal stretch and they are now perfect
Conniston 325 UK 7.5E good comfortable fit.
Skye 2 (cordovan) 335 UK 7E good comfortable fit
Skye (non cordovan) 335 UK 7E was a little tight at the bottom of the tongue area,
would probably have stretched and been ok but iu would have been a little concerned.

so for me - discounting UK/US sizing just going by number (and for CJ UK E = Alden US D)

TB shell Indy or Barrie shell LWB - 1/2 = 325
TB shell Indy or Barrie shell LWB - 1 = 335
tl;dr

would advise going half size down from 325 to 335 (especially for shell 335)

Last edited:

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the C&J shoes for RL made to Handgrade standards?

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Personally (idiot's disclaimer : people's feet are different)

My TrueBalance / shell LWB Barrie size is US 8D
shell indy's fit well, a touch snug at first, but minimal stretch and they are now perfect
Conniston 325 UK 7.5E good comfortable fit.
Skye 2 (cordovan) 335 UK 7E good comfortable fit
Skye (non cordovan) 335 UK 7E was a little tight at the bottom of the tongue area,
would probably have stretched and been ok but iu would have been a little concerned.

so for me - discounting UK/US sizing just going by number (and for CJ UK E = Alden US D)

TB shell Indy or Barrie shell LWB - 1/2  = 325
TB shell Indy or Barrie shell LWB - 1  = 335 
tl;dr

would advise going half size down from 325 to 335 (especially for shell 335)

Best post ever! We wear the same Alden size. Thanks!

68Bullitt

Reaction score
Those are a great looking boot Monty!
fing02[1].gif
I've been itching to add a blue suede to my spring/summer rotation

crzcrz

Reaction score
My humble Crockett & Jones collection:

Grasmere, Westbourne, Grenville and Hallam.

And an action shot of Hallams from yesterday:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads