• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Sargent (formerly Alfred Sargent) Appreciation Thread

Pascal1980

Reaction score
Curious to know if the gentleman ever took this advice on board? As in if he took the train from St Pancreas to Wellingborough followed by a 5 mile taxi ride to the AS factory? I'm thinking the round trip may have cost the fine gentleman a tad bit more than the price of the shoes themselves that he went there to purchase :rolleyes: :p
Actually I am traveling to London next week.

Do you know where they have their store in London? I did not see them at Jermyn street, where I will of course visit Crockett & Jones?

Enjoy your day and best regards

Pascal

Pascal1980

Reaction score
I send them an email and asked them where to find their retail store in the USA.

Best regards and enjoy your weekend

Pascal

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually I am traveling to London next week.

Do you know where they have their store in London? I did not see them at Jermyn street, where I will of course visit Crockett & Jones?

Enjoy your day and best regards

Pascal
Hi @Pascal1980 .They have no stores in London. They seem to sell through their website only currently.

ZzM

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am new here, found this great thread looking for information on Sargent's 109 last. I am interested in their Armfield as it looks very nice but I am worried that it might be too roomy for me in the instep and heel areas as I have a relatively low instep (slim ankle) and narrow heel. Can anyone compare it with C&J's 325 and/or 341? I own both and they fit me quite well, even though it is with thicker socks. I see that some people here who say that they have wide feet like 109, while other say that it provides closer fit in the waist and heel area than most shoes.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heel narrow, waist is very sculpted. Forefoot provides just that bit of extra room for comfort.
Btw I have very narrow heels, wide duck-like feet, and am between low and medium instep. Asian feet be damned.

ZzM

Reaction score
Heel narrow, waist is very sculpted. Forefoot provides just that bit of extra room for comfort.
Btw I have very narrow heels, wide duck-like feet, and am between low and medium instep. Asian feet be damned.
Thanks a lot. That sounds quite good. I can relate to that feet description, even though my feet are not wide and my instep is ratter low. However, narrow heels often mean slippage and too much space between the ankle and the heel.

jssdc

Reaction score
This thread needs more pics, so here‘s three of my AS/PS pairs after recent cleaning. Hoxton (circa 2017), Moore (circa 2018, resoled last year), and Cambridge (not yet worn).
IMG_0375-compressed.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How Do You Feel About Pleated Trousers?

• Love them, classic!

• Occasionally, depending on the outfit

• Prefer flat-front

• Never wear them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member