• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Happiest of Anniversary indeed..❤️
IMG_4708.jpeg

Gomers

Reaction score
There seems to be a few Coniston TSG landing on this page, thought I’d throw in my new acquisitions.

Did a quick search of the thread before posting and think mine might be the only ones. My newly arrived Archie in TSG (Coniston on a 228 last and F fitting) made by C&J for Rogersons Footwear in Scotland. Apologies for the lighting, they look darker but are 100% Tan. I will be darkening these over time though with Saphir cream and wax, just suits me better.

Had a pair of Harry (Islay on the same last and width) from Rogersons nearly 10 years ago, this fit appears to be my sweet spot.

Attachments

• IMG_1154.jpeg
    IMG_1154.jpeg
    263.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1155.jpeg
    IMG_1155.jpeg
    207.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1156.jpeg
    IMG_1156.jpeg
    236.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1157.jpeg
    IMG_1157.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1158.jpeg
    IMG_1158.jpeg
    198.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1159.jpeg
    IMG_1159.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 117

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
There seems to be a few Coniston TSG landing on this page, thought I’d throw in my new acquisitions.

Did a quick search of the thread before posting and think mine might be the only ones. My newly arrived Archie in TSG (Coniston on a 228 last and F fitting) made by C&J for Rogersons Footwear in Scotland. Apologies for the lighting, they look darker but are 100% Tan. I will be darkening these over time though with Saphir cream and wax, just suits me better.

Had a pair of Harry (Islay on the same last and width) from Rogersons nearly 10 years ago, this fit appears to be my sweet spot.
Nice. Got a Chelsea from them a few years ago on 335.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Second wear for my Audley. Rather pleased with them, good fit, although I would prefer them somewhat snugger, overall and in particular at the heel. I've learned that a close hugging heel cup, preventing any slippage, is crucial for maximum comfort, at least for me. Most of the English lasts have a rather roomy heel, which is negative, especially on loafer styles. Very impressed with the leather quality, which seems very crease resistant. The leather sole is pleasantly stiff.

20240105_125312.jpg

20240105_125336.jpg

Camillo

Reaction score
I almost forgot I have them - PRL by C&J, made on the 325 last. Currently my only pair of cordovan shoes but I'm thinking about getting myself another pair, this time of penny loafers.

69B8E241-88C0-4CC0-B4C8-5F2DA3CF72F6.JPG

EF1E08D9-138F-4424-969B-95BAF126BF38.JPG

@DorianGreen , my experience with large, roomy heels in English shoes is similar. At the moment I found only one maker who uses a last offering a large, comfortable toe box with a narrow heel at the same time - Vass Budapesters (BP last).

Last edited:

Denar78

Reaction score
Second wear for my Audley. Rather pleased with them, good fit, although I would prefer them somewhat snugger, overall and in particular at the heel. I've learned that a close hugging heel cup, preventing any slippage, is crucial for maximum comfort, at least for me. Most of the English lasts have a rather roomy heel, which is negative, especially on loafer styles. Very impressed with the leather quality, which seems very crease resistant. The leather sole is pleasantly stiff.

View attachment 2105421

View attachment 2105423
they look great, is that the color out of the box or did you shine them before wear?
According to C&J the 363 last (eg Lonsdale) is supposed to have a snugger fitting heel with reduced heel slippage. I have both Lonsdale and Belgrave (same last as Audley) but I’m not sure to feel any material difference, both are great fitting lasts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads