• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had no idea you could actually make a wholecut out of cordovan. Is there like, a size restriction here? Because the shell is only so big and that would have to be a gigantic piece of cordovan.

Depending on the tannery for that shell, I'd say the smartest thing to do, to ensure aesthetic quality, is for the maker to purchase two smaller skins (one skin per shoe).

Some tanneries, based on the size they are able to offer, can get away with selling larger pieces. I'd still question how ideal that would be aesthetically.

In any case, a wholecut is relatively easy for these makers to make.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_2039.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2039.jpeg
    IMG_2039.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 153

amby16

Reaction score
Gorgeous. You size it the same as your other C&J pairs on say the 325 and the 365?
Thanks! This is my actually first C&J pair, so I haven't tried the other lasts. This Harlech is a UK size 7E. For reference, my brannock size is 8.5 US, and I wear UK 7.5 in Carmina Inca last and US 8 in Allen Edmonds 65 (Strand) last.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have Harvard in snuff suede? Curious how the color really looks. It is very mustard like on CJ site, but very ice brown on some photos from other retailer.

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
Does anyone have Harvard in snuff suede? Curious how the color really looks. It is very mustard like on CJ site, but very ice brown on some photos from other retailer.
I think it can vary quite a bit depending on the leather batches that C&J receive. I have two pairs of boots in snuff suede and they look quite similar to what is shown on the C&J website (and thus different from the pair that jischwar has posted). See here for a photo in sunlight:
Chukka snuff suede

Last edited:

Gustaf

Reaction score
Cross-post from CROCKETT & JONES MTO CENTRAL:

Russian Grain Coniston

This just in from Ms Vigouroux at C&J:

The factory is willing to accept 8 pairs to go forward with placing the order.

However, there are a few details within the specifications:
  1. We don’t make styles in Russian Grain with bellows tongues, as the leather isn’t suitable, due to it being veg tanned and not water resistant. So, these can only be made with standard tongues.
  2. Since the price was quoted, we have had a price increase. For this order of Coniston, the price would be £950 incl-Vat.
If the participants are happy to have a standard tongue, then the order can be confirmed.

Delivery would be mid-November if you can confirm the order by next week.

I have revised the tongue spec from half bellows to standard and the price from 925 to 950 in the MTO sheet.

Signees, please confirm at your earliest convenience and no later than Thursday June 15:

1) that you are ready to place an order with C&J no later than June 16, and
2) whether you can accept a change of lasts from 325 to to 335.

Cc: @owenshill @stephenaf2003 @Coolhand0302 @SteveL91 @joecrouton @nishant @isaho1

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents what is the best place to purchase a penny loafer shipped to Canada in terms of cost?

Online website stores please.
Thank you,

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it can vary quite a bit depending on the leather batches that C&J receive. I have two pairs of boots in snuff suede and they look quite similar to what is shown on the C&J website (and thus different from the pair that jischwar has posted). See here for a photo in sunlight:
Chukka snuff suede
Good point and it changes based on sun

Palisander

Reaction score
Question about the cavendish 2:

Did C&J change the design? I have previously seen pictures where the tassels hangs loose or low, looking more nonchalant and relaxed imo, like this (currently at C&J page):
photo1686384896.jpeg

However, when I went to a store recently to figure out my size the the tassels were tightened, like this (picture from careofcarl.com):

photo1686384955.jpeg

Does anyone have any insight on this?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members