• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Averroes1198

Reaction score
I'm looking for some suede Monk Straps for the fall! Any suggestions on the C&J or anything in the classifieds? I usually wear Alden shoes. Wondering about fit.
Benchgrade: Monkton (348) or Malvern (341), or Lowndes (348) --> double buckle.
Handgrade: Savile (337)

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Benchgrade: Monkton (348) or Malvern (341), or Lowndes (348) --> double buckle.
Handgrade: Savile (337)

Don't forget the Harrogate (341)!
fing02[1].gif

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I couldn't remember in which C&J thread someone asked the question, but someone wanted to know how much it cost to ship back my 8E Pembrokes to London.

I priced it with UPS and they said it would be "in the three digits" due to the lack of "ground shipping" internationally with them (they would basically have to do overnight air). Went to USPS and it cost ~$60. Pricey, but obviously well worth the $60 to prevent myself from having ~$1500-1600 worth of shoes that are too big!

Skelnik

Reaction score

I couldn't remember in which C&J thread someone asked the question, but someone wanted to know how much it cost to ship back my 8E Pembrokes to London.

I priced it with UPS and they said it would be "in the three digits" due to the lack of "ground shipping" internationally with them (they would basically have to do overnight air).  Went to USPS and it cost ~$60.  Pricey, but obviously well worth the $60 to prevent myself from having ~$1500-1600 worth of shoes that are too big!
Thank you for that information. $60 is not bad at all compared to the other carriers I looked at. Totally worth finding the right size.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of green boxes from the Factory Shop with fairly recent purchases.. Wish they are all .. edward green .. if you know what I mean ..

Nevertheless ..

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have both brands with EG being more represented in my rotation. CJ is an awesome shoe by any metric the value of the main line is really unmatched especially considering brexit. Well done sir.

Last edited:

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, the price/value ratio with CJ is probably the best of all Northampton manufacturers, IMO .. Especially if bought at their Factory Shop ..

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received few messages with the question if I am selling these shoes ..

They are not for sale except the Dark Brown Scotch Grain Pembroke in size UK 11 - US 12 which I bought for my brother unaware he's actually a size smaller .. So they need to go ..

geht

Reaction score
Hello everybody.

I bought a pair of dark brown scotch grain Pembrokes a few months ago and they've been getting a fair amount of use lately, so time has come to take care of them for the first time (apart from brushing and shoe trees which off course I do every time they are worn) and it stroke me that maybe they don't take the same process as calf (sapphire, crime, wax) so I would like to ask what your regime is when taking care of your Pembrokes. Any input will be highly appreciated. Cheers :happy:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads