• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Suede Cavendish.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure. First day wearing them lol. Perhaps one of the CJ experts can chime in.

yeahnahok

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am keen to buy a pair of Lonsdale's, but seeking advice on width to decide whether I should go up half a size compared to my Wembley's (360 last). On the 360, 10UK is a perfect fit length-wise on my larger foot. However, it regularly feels tight in the toe box area (and sometimes instep), especially towards the end of the day. This is after a couple of dozen wears. My smaller foot (by some 4mm) fits perfectly in terms of width.

From what I could find, the 363 last is similar to the 360 in fit. Is there anyone who can confirm that's the case? I would really appreciate this as there are no local options available for me to try them on and I'd like to avoid unnecessary shipping/refunds to Australia.

Furthermore, anyone who is willing to weigh in on whether I should stick with 10UK or try 10.5? Tempted to go up half a size to accommodate the width of the larger foot, but I'm wary of ending up with a shoe that is much too large for the other foot.

Thanks!

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone been to the C&J factory store lately? How is their inventory typically? I might be flying in redeye to London Friday morning and I want to find out if it's worth the risk (and fatigue) to then train it up to Northampton.

I am hesitant to come on a Saturday as other stores (e.g., EG) are closed. Thanks for any input!

NickDH

Reaction score
Hey Suited.

I was in there today! In case you don't know, the only option other than Saturday morning is Friday afternoon (14:00 - 17:30).

The range is OK - I picked up a beautiful pair of Skye 3's in Chestnut - £200, absolute bargain!

If you'd like, I can give them a call tomorrow to see what they have in your size (or if there is something in particular you are after)?

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Anyone been to the C&J factory store lately? How is their inventory typically? I might be flying in redeye to London Friday morning and I want to find out if it's worth the risk (and fatigue) to then train it up to Northampton.

I am hesitant to come on a Saturday as other stores (e.g., EG) are closed. Thanks for any input!

Mate, you'll no doubt be tired though a score like @NickDH :nodding: would be quite a 'shot in the arm' :smarmy:

Friday is the time to go (unfortunately I'm not in town next week, else I'd have chauffeured you around) as you'll know C&J open at 2 though I'd go to EG first who ordinarily like to welcome visitors up to about 4. Lobb is round the corner from C&J if you're so inclined.

Whether you will get something or be disappointed no one can say. I might drop in once a month to C&J and less often to EG and can be quite fortunate or go empty handed for ages. Thing is, if you get lucky you do get lucky!

Here are some pics of different trips to C&J and EG with some scores too. There is one pair of Lobb DMs in there as well. The last pic is of my mate @murlsquirl who came over last December and lucked out with a great find at EG!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeKirk