• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

CrackedCrab

Reaction score
lol thanks guys for the comments. the socks are Falke shadows I got on sale at STP and yes the're a little off, think I will relegate them to boots only :foo:

SloopyNoob

Reaction score
Guys, I need some assistance. I ordered a pair of Westbourne from Christopher Forbes and was just notified by the seller that Fedex has requested form 5106 from them. What do I do in this case? Should I provide my SSN? :( If Fedex needs info, shouldn't they contact me instead of doing through the seller?

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score

Guys, I need some assistance. I ordered a pair of Westbourne from Christopher Forbes and was just notified by the seller that Fedex has requested form 5106 from them. What do I do in this case? Should I provide my SSN? :( If Fedex needs info, shouldn't they contact me instead of doing through the seller?

Let the seller handle it. It may be to your advantage. Do not wise up a dummy.
I ordered from Forbes before, it is better to use Royal Mail.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You are the importer and value is over $250 so you'll have to give your SSN if you want your shoes. It's the law for "importing" anything over $250

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Find the 800 number for Fedex Trade Network (not the normal fedex number) and call them.
if you have the tracking number, hopefully they can tell you the person who is handling your package. There are several offices all over the country.
Then you can play phone tag with that person. I've had to fill that form out a few times.
Seems odd that the shipper is asking for it. I was contacted by a fedex person asking for it.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/170611/fedex-customs-query

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score

Thanks guys. I've done some reading and apparently it's perfectly legitimate for the seller to submit the form for you. This is my first time buying stuff from oversea so it might be the reason why I got hit with the form. 

Refuse delivery from FedEx, have it go back to CF and then ask them to use Royal mail to send it again. In the long run, it will be cheaper and faster.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm curious as to why CF would want to have anything further to do with a customer who refused delivery on an international package just to save a few bucks on fees.
CF is going to have to eat the cost of shipping.

Also, as rapey as the Fedex brokerage fees are, once that 5106 form is filed, future packages sail through customs real fast.

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score
It is unusual that CF uses FedEx. I think unless the customer requests so, they always use Royal Mail. Perhaps they made a mistake. Also, I am not suggesting they eat the charges, you do to save the customs hassle, not the cost of shipping. If this is too much, then just pay the custome fees on this one and use Royal Mail in the future.

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It is unusual that CF uses FedEx. I think unless the customer requests so, they always use Royal Mail. Perhaps they made a mistake. Also, I am not suggesting they eat the charges, you do to save the customs hassle, not the cost of shipping. If this is too much, then just pay the custome fees on this one and use Royal Mail in the future.

I could be wrong, but I have been told that Fedex offers a higher amount of insurance. I bought some JM Weston Chasse from France and used a proxy in the UK. To insure the high dollar value we used Fedex (and got hit with the big customs charge as well).

Gilmour

Reaction score
What is the recommendation for sizeing for the 314 last do you have to size down a full size or half a size or?? from your normal US size.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads