• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quality Hoodies

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a black Splendid waffle-knit hoodie. It's actually a few inches too long for my frame, but the materials are
inlove.gif
. I bought it mostly as something to wear in the spring and fall when it's raining.

Of course I have the S2A hoodie that I'vew worn in a few WAYWTS. I love the slightly military styling of it, and the light grey color makes it the most versatile of all them. Unfortunaltely, the drawstring shrank in the washing machine causing the hood to dimple around the edges.

I have a 3sixteen hoodie which is good when it's really cold outside (I don't have any proper winter coat). The fit is great, but I wish it was more of a true olive green rather than the more saturated canopy green it is now, and I dislike the plastic zippers.

I've held onto an old Z Brand hoodie, even though I didn't wear it at all last winter. The fit may not be SF-approved, but it has an undeniable cool factor, and the zippers and drawstring look fantastic. The brownish-tinted black makes it hard to pair with other elements of my wardrobe, though.

I have the black jersey moto-styled Shades of Greige hoodie. Again, I didn't wear it at all last winter. It's most been usurped by the black Nudie jacket as my go-to black faux-50s-greaser-slash-rough-trade-homosexualist jacket. Still, sor the $50 I paid for it, I can't complain.

I'm also trying to unload my Alternative Apparel fleece hoodie which is AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL!
mad.gif

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jingco
Hey Unrefinery, I was looking to order this one. Jersey hoodies are great. Why don't you like pockets on the front? I don't mind them.

It might sound picky, but I just like a really trim look and minimal detailing around the midsection. Plus pouch pockets inevitably stretch and sag a little, looking even worse. The clean lines of the AA hoodies really appeal to me. I have two like the one I linked, plus a slightly different one that they don't seem to make anymore.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unrefinery
It might sound picky, but I just like a really trim look and minimal detailing around the midsection. Plus pouch pockets inevitably stretch and sag a little, looking even worse. The clean lines of the AA hoodies really appeal to me. I have two like the one I linked, plus a slightly different one that they don't seem to make anymore.

I think Splendid might be up your alley:

http://www.splendid.com/Mini_French_...39/p/2773.html

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Perception.
Reigning Champ, amazing quality.

huge second on this one. i have the winter hoodie and its SUPER warm and the best quality hoodie ive ever had. my girlfriend liked it so much she stole it for months and ive only just gotten it back
frown.gif

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
huge second on this one. i have the winter hoodie and its SUPER warm and the best quality hoodie ive ever had. my girlfriend liked it so much she stole it for months and ive only just gotten it back
frown.gif

I have a Reigning Champ hoodie and the Nike x loopwheeler hoodie. Both are great but I prefer the Loopwheeler. The reigning champ fleece is like a traditional fluffy fleace, the loopwheeler is kinda woven, hard to describe but its my favorite hoodie.

If you are looking for W+H check out www.havenshop.ca, they are a canadian site but they ship everywhere and sometimes if you spend over a certain amount shipping is free. They have some tiger fleece in stock as well. As I can recall the same guys that do reigning champ, CYC, do spruce and W+H fleece. That may not be the case anymore.

jingco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unrefinery

That's true, hoodie pockets aren't that great for holding stuff or keeping it's shape. I like to have a place to put my hands in but I do see how jersey fabric have a slimmer sleek look so clean front would look aesthetically better.

dareone

Reaction score
loopwheeler. nuff said.

as a matter of fact, i'm wearing my nike x loopwheeler right now...

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dsquared
recently bought hoodie

77588684.png

Like this, what is it? Dude is all, "Come get me, big boy!"

Completely forgot about my FCUK and Nike hoodies in my earlier rundown. I have alot of hoodies.

Dsquared

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Like this, what is it? Dude is all, "Come get me, big boy!"

Completely forgot about my FCUK and Nike hoodies in my earlier rundown. I have alot of hoodies.

On my cam it looks pink,but it's not
smile.gif
Brand is Bikkembergs.

snc00485small.jpg

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good (and much better worn than in that goofy promo shot)
Zippered pockets on a hoody is such a great idea, 99% of the time when I sit down, my cell phone/keys fall out of my pockets

tellure

Reaction score
I had the camera out taking some pics for selling stuff so I figured I'd grab a few shots of some hoodies I own:

Juicy Men brown cashmere hoodie. No garish logos like most of their stuff, very slim cut.
Juicy_resize.jpg

Ever multi-color hoodie
Ever_resize.jpg

Diesel black sunbleached hoodie. Nice slim fit and no front pockets give it a pretty clean look IMO.
Diesel_Black_resize.jpg

V:Room tiger fleece style hoodie. Nice rough seams, get compliments on this one.
VRoom_resize.jpg

Michael Kors Orange Cashmere hoodie. Wish it was cut a bit slimmer but I needed something bright and colorful to wear with a blazer.
OrangeCashmere_resize.jpg

OrangeCashmere_Jacket_resize.jpg

And lastly an old brown distressed hoodie that I kinda like but is too large for me. I'm selling it for $40 in this thread:

ProjectE_Fit_Front_resize.jpg

tellure

alex99

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tellure
I had the camera out taking some pics for selling stuff so I figured I'd grab a few shots of some hoodies I own:

OrangeCashmere_resize.jpg

OrangeCashmere_Jacket_resize.jpg

tellure

I have the same Michael Kors hoodie in Olive Green and love it. Very comfortable and great fit. I would not have thought to go with Orange but it looks good with the jacket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads