• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Charles Tyrwhitt Shirts for $30 each

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Charles Tyrwhitt is having one of their annual (or semi-annual) sales on dress shirts. These are not my go-to shirts, but I usually purchase a selection of their non-iron shirts for the mornings in which I'm running late. There's a large selection at $30/each, and their extra-slim shirts are relatively slim.

Link

Last edited:

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So what's the consensus on CT shirts? It sounds like most people buy them as throwaway shirts. They look nice on the website.

Wrenkin

Reaction score
Better than a department store for half the price. So, not amazing but certainly worth $30. The collars are a bit stiff.

Last edited:

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what's the consensus on CT shirts? It sounds like most people buy them as throwaway shirts. They look nice on the website.

I have a few. As others have said, at this price they're good value, assuming (1) they fit you well, and (2) the collar design works for you.

Cheers,

Ac

mfridman

Reaction score
I have a few. As others have said, at this price they're good value, assuming (1) they fit you well, and (2) the collar design works for you.

Cheers,

Ac
what's with the collar design? is it in any sense "different"?

jssdc

Reaction score

I don't consider them throwaway shirts at all. They're certainly not Harvey and Hudson, but at the normal (4x$200) price point I can't think of anything better. For my build the ESF shirts are a great balance of being quite trim but still professional.

reidrothchild

Reaction score
At $30, CT is not horrible, I guess. I bought 4 about four years ago when CT was the best fitting shirt RTW I could find. I haven't purchased any more since that time because the quality of the shirts is really low, and they only achieve the desired slim fit by adding darts, which you can do yourself or pay about $15 to have done by a tailor to any shirt. The collar points on mine do this weird thing where they curl up a bit even with collar stays. Luxire and Kamakura are both FAR higher in terms of quality at a slightly higher price. If you just want a low quality shirt that fits well, go to Macy's or somewhere generic, buy a $20 dress shirt, and pay $15 to have it darted.

gsgleason

Reaction score
I just ordered one and got it the other day. I quite like it and just got a few more.

They're better than most OTR shirts I see at local department stores and the price is great at $30 for 100% non iron.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads