• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bigsink

Reaction score

I let them know once about a shirt that shrunk more than others (linen/cotton blend)... PC offered to remake it if that was the case but it really just wound up a bit short so I kept it and wear it more casually.

I have a newer one that's JUST a bit too tight in the chest, and will have to double check the measurements now that I've washed/pressed it a couple of times.

The heavy oxford seemed to stay a bit larger then expected, though it did shrink a lot.

Otherwise, they have been fairly consistent with the 18 or 19 shirts I've ordered so far ;)

Cool thanks for confirming. I just wanted to check if folks were ordering their dress shirts smaller to account for differences in shrinkage.

Last edited:

SimplyStylin

Reaction score
Cool thanks for confirming. I just wanted to check if folks were ordering their dress shirts smaller to account for differences in shrinkage.

I have another question for your folks as well. Should I increase the length of this casual shirt or adjust the shoulder due to that button pulling abit?
https://imgur.com/a/WFDGH
note: Sometimes my upper body looks super square (which it is naturally) but the shorter shirt brings it out more. Was considering .5 in length

Looks to me like shoulder slope adjustment causing the line at the top button, though I'd wait for others to also give feedback ;)

LittleViti

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with any of the OTR accessories at Proper Cloth? I'm a big fan of the shirts, but am curious about the jackets and suits and would love to hear any reviews on the Allen suits in particular.

Similarly -- does anyone know when the Allen suits will be restocked? The styling looks great (3-roll-2, natural shoulders, etc...) and would love to try out the Navy.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with any of the OTR accessories at Proper Cloth? I'm a big fan of the shirts, but am curious about the jackets and suits and would love to hear any reviews on the Allen suits in particular.

Similarly -- does anyone know when the Allen suits will be restocked? The styling looks great (3-roll-2, natural shoulders, etc...) and would love to try out the Navy.

I'm in love with the vests -- soft and versatile. Great collar on it too.

I bought the brown flannel Genova jacket. Sadly had to return it for fit reasons; however, it was soft and beautiful, very versatile, and wish it worked out :/

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which is stiffer? Regular Roma or "stiff" Roma.

I understand that the "stiff" Roma is unfused yet it has a stiff interlining, so what's the verdict?

I love my stiff roma cutaway... definitely pretty stiff.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do we know which is actually stiffer? Gut instinct obviously assures the stiff variety would be, but I've heard the opposite here.

For what it's worth, I've found the normal collars to be softer (in a good way) than some OTR brands I've tried.

professorclee

Reaction score
When I was there during Thanksgiving I asked about the Allen suits as I wanted to try the navy as well. The person I spoke to said that was an old style and didn't seem to think it was coming back at all.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks. I have long arms and sort of benefit from the length. If it arrives shorter than tagged ill probably be in a bind :) Much appreciated.

Welcome. Body also looks great but you could probably take off a tiny bit in the arms (unless this hasn't been washed at all).

bigsink

Reaction score

Welcome. Body also looks great but you could probably take off a tiny bit in the arms (unless this hasn't been washed at all).

I would have loved to, but PC's arm width affects armpit hole size. Unfortunately going smaller was uncomfortably (and sweaty) :)

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would have loved to, but PC's arm width affects armpit hole size. Unfortunately going smaller was uncomfortably (and sweaty)
smile.gif

Hahahaha i have the exact same issue - I've been experimenting so some of my shirts are big in the arm and some are small (and need to be dry cleaned instantly :p)

I said arms but I was actually referring to sleeve length! Probably could adjust a tad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads