• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

otterhound

Reaction score
Just received my first PC shirt. Light blue Canclini twill, President cutaway, barrel cuffs. Haven't tried it on yet, but it looks stunning in the bag.

What I found interesting was the circuitous route it took to get to me. Check out the FedEx tracking below. It went Malaysia to Anchorage to Taiwan to Anchorage to the Fedex Memphis hub. I was aware the shirts were made in Malaysia, but what is the Taiwan connection? And with this much shipping, how can PC make a profit?

bigsink

Reaction score
Hey guys, sent an email to PC 2 days ago but anxious on a response to put the order in.

My dress shirts are pretty snug when folding my arms in the forarm. Currently the upper arm measurements are already too big for me, but because of a small wrist it tapers too extreme. I tried changing the arm style from tailored to regular but the result is the same. The area at the elbo measure identical with both fits.. How should I go about increasing the upper forarm area?

1) Going tailored +.25 on the arm? [would this also increase the area below the elbow]?
2) Adding .5 to the wrist then moving the button? [at this point the upper arm would also be the same width as the lower and may not look good.

I guess 1 is my best option but wanted to hear if anyone else had the same problem and how they fixed it. Bonus question, do most of you go with standard or tailored arms? Thanks

Last edited:

ccallis

Reaction score
@bigsink Changing from 1 pleat forearm to 2 pleat forearm will be the most helpful thing. I would also take a look to make sure the cuff isn't too small currently. If you can give yourself an additional .25" in the cuff that will definitely help. With these two adjustments I think there's a good chance you can make the sleeve width .25" smaller and still have it more comfortable in the elbow than your current fit. Also double check sleeve length--a short sleeve length can exacerbate tightness in the forearm and elbow.

Chris

bigsink

Reaction score

@bigsink Changing from 1 pleat forearm to 2 pleat forearm will be the most helpful thing. I would also take a look to make sure the cuff isn't too small currently. If you can give yourself an additional .25" in the cuff that will definitely help. With these two adjustments I think there's a good chance you can make the sleeve width .25" smaller and still have it more comfortable in the elbow than your current fit. Also double check sleeve length--a short sleeve length can exacerbate tightness in the forearm and elbow.

Chris

Woohooo! thanks for the response. You may be onto something with sleeve length. Its a tad short ill try and fix that.

I did change from tailored-> standard arms, and while the standard is roomier above the elbow and above the wrist..the actual elbow portion measures exactly the same as the tailored. I tried to increase the wrist .25 but the website only allows for .50 changes. Does this change your thoughts? (pics sent)

Last edited:

otterhound

Reaction score

Just received my first PC shirt. Light blue Canclini twill, President cutaway, barrel cuffs. Haven't tried it on yet, but it looks stunning in the bag

After a laundering and wearing, here are my conclusions:

• the fabric is fantastic. Luscious, soft, unusual. Love it.
  • the President cutaway is a bit too aggressive for me. I'm used to the Tyrwhitt cutaways. What collar is one step back from the President cutaway?
  • fit on my first PC shirt was almost perfect. Just need a few tweaks. This experience has made me a committed customer. I'm looking forward to ordering more shirts. It may become an expensive habit.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Does anyone else have an issue with the fact that the hem is stitched differently to everything else? Proper Cloth seems to stitch their hems very close to the edge. For a dress shirt that's going to be tucked in, it's not a big deal, but for a casual shirt that's going to be worn untucked, this presents a problem as the very small hem is much more prone to wrinkling. Is there some reason why the hem is not stitched 1/4 from the edge like everything else? Or, moreover, is there any plan to change this in the future?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know this makes some of my linen shirts roll up a bit (casual ones I don't tuck in) annoying, but I sprezz it

bigsink

Reaction score
I'm finding that certain (dressier) fabrics simply dont shrink... while the casual ones get to their specified measurements. Does anyone have the same problem? any tips in dealing with it?

trilly

Reaction score
Interesting, as I've noticed that of my shirts, there's a decent variation across how much they shrink and how close it gets to the dimensions.

I thought about writing to them about one of the shirts that I find to be borderline unwearable bc it's too tight, just hadn't gotten around to it yet.

Last edited:

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which is stiffer? Regular Roma or "stiff" Roma.

I understand that the "stiff" Roma is unfused yet it has a stiff interlining, so what's the verdict?

SimplyStylin

Reaction score
Interesting, as I've noticed that of my shirts, there's a decent variation across how much they shrink and how close it gets to the dimensions.

I thought about writing to them about one of the shirts that I find to be borderline unwearable bc it's too tight, just hadn't gotten around to it yet.

I let them know once about a shirt that shrunk more than others (linen/cotton blend)... PC offered to remake it if that was the case but it really just wound up a bit short so I kept it and wear it more casually.

I have a newer one that's JUST a bit too tight in the chest, and will have to double check the measurements now that I've washed/pressed it a couple of times.

The heavy oxford seemed to stay a bit larger then expected, though it did shrink a lot.

Otherwise, they have been fairly consistent with the 18 or 19 shirts I've ordered so far ;)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eazy e lover