• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Personal Business Card?

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'll have some made.

Where does everyone have their cards made?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^Smythson and Tiffany & Co.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use Bradley Engraving in Florida because I am a small-timer. They are embossed on 100lb Crane's "Pearl White Kid-finished."

~ H

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
No. There are few situations where I could imagine using one with a straight face

+2

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
OP is looking for a job, so therefore does not have a business card...
Yes, but many others suggested they used these alternatively with their business cards, which seems a bit odd to me. Personally I would just write my cell number on my business card if it weren't already on there.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This sounds fascinating to me. I imagine you'd have to be wearing a jacket to pull off the writing your number on the card deal.

Do you guys carry around separate card cases?

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Yes, but many others suggested they used these alternatively with their business cards, which seems a bit odd to me. Personally I would just write my cell number on my business card if it weren't already on there.
Yeah, but what if someone decides to take the liberty of emailing you at work or whatever? It seems a bit odd to me that people wouldn't want to compartmentalize their JOB from their social activities. ~ H

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Do you guys carry around separate card cases?
No.

hrb

Reaction score
Name and phone number on mine. Though, FWIW if i get another plate engraved, i will just do name and email.

+1 smythsons

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hrb
+1 smythsons
When I visit there, it's as if I'm a kid in a candy store. Why it's more fun that a visit to the tailor.

hrb

Reaction score
it is quite dangerous. underrated as a store of accessories beyond stationary products.
Originally Posted by RSS
When I visit there, it's as if I'm a kid in a candy store. Why it's more fun that a visit to the tailor.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads