• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peir Wu

Mr-Y

Reaction score
Hello

As requested from a few members here, we’d like to share with everyone a series of close-ups of the fabrics from the AW14/15 collection. We hope this gives you a better idea of the colours and textures, without seeing them in real life!

First we have the plum melange knit-back wool, a soft Japanese wool with a felted surface, a mix of olive, mauve/plum, smoky greys, and mustard yellows yarns.

The navy and grey melange wool stretch gabardines, also Japanese, are the more classic styles we present this season. The elastane gives the fabric weight/drape and ‘bounce’.

The navy Moto MA-1 bomber is lined with a quilted ripstop nylon and fleece quilting which is windproof and incredibly warm - perfect for the deep winters.

The Japanese smoky mélange olive wool gaberdine is of a lighter weight than the navy gaberdine stretch wool, and can be worn all year round.

Next, we have the grey and off-white Italian crepe wool-silk blends. These have a zig-zag herringbone weave, and are slightly sheer. Although very lightweight, this silk-wool blend is incredibly warm, much like a camping bag silk-liner, and is great insulation for the winter months.

Last but not least, we have a high-quality Japanese black technical wool - one of our favourites! With a unique weave that resembles a 1X1 rib knit. It is a breathable 3-season wool with an incredible dry/technical hand feel. Great for layering in the winter months, and on its own for autumn or spring.

Next up, we’ll be posting some close-up shots of products. If anyone has any requests for detailed shots, please let us know and we can organise another small series.

Look forward to any comments, questions. Here, or on [email protected].

SmileForum

Reaction score
When will Peir, make a leather jacket? I'm dying for a future leather piece here.

edit: Do you have the black powermesh shirt in stock? H.Lorenzo never carries size S/46

Last edited:

Mr-Y

Reaction score
Oh yeah, it's all about the wool right now. We may do something leather in the future? Maybe for next winter..

@SmileForum Yes, we do have one last powermesh shirt in size 46 left in stock. I'll be sure to pm you with the details later today.

Andy

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When will Peir, make a leather jacket? I'm dying for a future leather piece here.

edit: Do you have the black powermesh shirt in stock? H.Lorenzo never carries size S/46

Wow just checked HLorenzo's stock, they have the bomber in the 1x1 knit rib? looks nice, too bad no 44...

Have my eye on the navy bomber and mayyybeeee that mélange beuys blazer (if snowman buys it first and takes a fitpic :slayer: )

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow just checked HLorenzo's stock, they have the bomber in the 1x1 knit rib? looks nice, too bad no 44...

Have my eye on the navy bomber and mayyybeeee that mélange beuys blazer (if snowman buys it first and takes a fitpic
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
)

I still wear my Powernet body/wool sleeve varsity bomber many times per week.

Really great piece perfect for that fall or spring "in between" weather.

Last edited:

Mr-Y

Reaction score
@Blackmaged

Yes H lorenzo has the bomber in the 1X1 wool rib (it’s woven!), it’s an exclusive style with H Lorenzo for A/W 14/15.

Unfortunately they didn’t order any size 44 or 46, but we will speak with them for next season to include smaller sizes in their buy as we find that most of our clients in the States are between the 44 to 48 size range.

@conceptionist

That’s great to hear! Thank you so much for your positive feedback.
We get great satisfaction to hear our designs have longevity in our clients wardrobes.

Andy

Webstore / Instagram

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Skinny people don't need another retailer....:p

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wish one of the major online shops would pickup Peir, would makes it so much easier to try stuff out.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like being picked up by Ssense would be the ultimate boon for a fledgling designer. Its clientele are spending fiends

Last edited:

SmileForum

Reaction score
They spend so hard, the site crashes/drastically slows down for a good two to three days when season sales come up.

Although I feel promotion for any young designer at a respected boutique is far more important, LN-CC comes to mind.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads