• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have an open question for Mike and the forum

I am interested in a trickers stow boot with a natural welt but concerned with the width of the heel as I tend to have heel slippage in many brands and have heard that the standard stow "5" last may run a bit wide. With that said and depending on the last any thoughts on pediwear' Teddington vs. the stow:

Stow

Pediwear
Hi kbuzz

Sorry for the delay in replying to this - Holidays!

I am in and out of the office today but will have a good chance to compare fittings tomorrow.

Will report back.

Mike

Edit - I think we might have given you some advice by email, but with the specific information about the heel hopefully I will be better placed to give you more helpful information tomorrow.

Last edited:

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

will you do this sale again during Christmas?

Sorry I missed your post previously. We are not repeating the Black Friday sale but we do have a winter sale which is on now.

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay in responding to this. Our experts are considering the matter as we speak...

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have an open question for Mike and the forum

I am interested in a trickers stow boot with a natural welt but concerned with the width of the heel as I tend to have heel slippage in many brands and have heard that the standard stow "5" last may run a bit wide. With that said and depending on the last any thoughts on pediwear' Teddington vs. the stow:

Stow

Pediwear

Hi Again

Having discussed this and tried the boots on myself I have the following advice to impart: Whilst, as we advised by email, the Teddington is undoubtedly slimmer fitting across the toe, the

Stow has a more snug fitting around the heel, I consider it will have less tendancy to heel slip. The image above are not perfectly to scale but hopefully show that the Teddington does have a little more room around the heel.

Please let me know if we can be of any further assistance?

Mike

kbuzz

Reaction score

Hi Again Having discussed this and tried the boots on myself I have the following advice to impart: Whilst, as we advised by email, the Teddington is undoubtedly slimmer fitting across the toe, the
Stow has a more snug fitting around the heel, I consider it will have less tendancy to heel slip. The image above are not perfectly to scale but hopefully show that the Teddington does have a little more room around the heel. Please let me know if we can be of any further assistance? Mike
Thanks for the info!!!

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello

I request a waiver from SF members, this is a post about GYW shoes for ladies, but can be helpful for some members.

I was looking for a Christmas present for my girlfriend and after thinking on several options I decided to buy a pair of GYW shoes. It had the obvious intention to solve the "Christmas Present Situation" and also introducing her to good shoes in the hope that she could understand my hobby (and the amount of resources I spend in shoes).

The options where between Barker Freya and Loake Viv; the retailer choosed was Pediwear since is the only one (that I know) that handles both brands and had them in stock. They where kind enough to send me one-on-one pictures to choose (thanks David and Stephen).

The other problem was sizing, but I matched it with All Star Chuck Taylor size courtesy of my girlfriend's sister.

The (mini) shoes arrived safe and healthy and they are here, my girlfriend is delighted and has been watching Lazlo Vass book and asking things about GYW construction, brands and shoe care. I am very happy with the outcome but afraid of having created a monster. Pediwear service was excellent.

hllau9

Reaction score
Hello

I request a waiver from SF members, this is a post about GYW shoes for ladies, but can be helpful for some members.

I was looking for a Christmas present for my girlfriend and after thinking on several options I decided to buy a pair of GYW shoes. It had the obvious intention to solve the "Christmas Present Situation" and also introducing her to good shoes in the hope that she could understand my hobby (and the amount of resources I spend in shoes).

The options where between Barker Freya and Loake Viv; the retailer choosed was Pediwear since is the only one (that I know) that handles both brands and had them in stock. They where kind enough to send me one-on-one pictures to choose (thanks David and Stephen).

The other problem was sizing, but I matched it with All Star Chuck Taylor size courtesy of my girlfriend's sister.

The (mini) shoes arrived safe and healthy and they are here, my girlfriend is delighted and has been watching Lazlo Vass book and asking things about GYW construction, brands and shoe care. I am very happy with the outcome but afraid of having created a monster. Pediwear service was excellent.

Lovely shoes!

Pediwear's service is indeed outstanding.

vinveritas

Reaction score
Bought a Heschung from Pediwear during the Black Friday sale. Excellent service and fast delivery!

vinveritas

Reaction score
Hi Pediwear/Mike, size 8.5F in the Heschung Catalpa is a tad long for me and has a bit of heel slippage but the width is ok. How does the Heschung Fustet compare? I'd think that the elongated last of the Fustet implies a narrower last than the Odeon of the Catalpa? Thanks.

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Lovely shoes!

Pediwear's service is indeed outstanding.

Thanks for the kind comments guys, we are pleased the shoes went down well, and of course we are here ready when the good lady requires another pair ;)

Mike

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is interesting observing how a newcomer (my girlfriend in this case) starts to appreciate good quality footwear. Is like watching myself 8 years ago with my first pair of GYW shoes.

The first shock was "evaluating the quality", is evident that the shoes (with a little help of the box, shoe bags and extra laces) exhudes quality, that is why she has been asking about construction and shoe care. I am sure that the first time they get dirty or stained she will be nervous, then when after some proper shoe care (by me) she will be surprised how they blossom again and again. Time will pass, the comfort will increase and patina will be built.

Well, the "The Christmas Present Situation" is solved (and eventually Birthday Present); and now I have more pressure in my cashflow. I am happy.

Last edited:

trum01

Reaction score
Hi

Thank you for your interest in Carmina - we order from them twice a year - and so far the Gabriel has been ordered every season - we will certainly be ordering more of this style, along with it's stable mate the Tobias. We are hoping to have some more of both of these styles in the Spring - but will be seeing Carmina early January to finalise this. Are there any particular styles you are interested in.

While we are here I should also remind people of this:

When is the sale on till? I'm looking at finally trying a pair of Loake 1880. I wish Carmina was on sale I missed the earlier Black Friday one ... there probably is an email list I should have subscribed to!

hllau9

Reaction score
S Moore that arrived last week. Once again, best service and best price from Pediwear.
Many thanks for the free Pediwear shoe wax!

Those Pediwear shoe trees (not shown here) are very good, too.

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Pediwear/Mike, size 8.5F in the Heschung Catalpa is a tad long for me and has a bit of heel slippage but the width is ok. How does the Heschung Fustet compare? I'd think that the elongated last of the Fustet implies a narrower last than the Odeon of the Catalpa? Thanks.
Our Heschung brand manager tells me we have found that the Fustet tends to fit a little on the large side despite its elongated last - half a size down from your usual size is required for most customers. With this and your information in mind we would definitely suggest you try at least a size 8 F.

Please don't hesitate to contact us by email for further assistance.

Kind Regards

Mike

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads