• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
.You list the Carmina Emilio 80512 as having the ”Burdeos” last. I checked the Carmina lasts in the net, and found no burdeos among them. The English translation of the Spanish “burdeos” is “Bordeaux”, so burdeos could refer to the color of the shoe.
Questions:
1. What could be the last of the Emilio if Burdeos is not a last?
2. How does the Emilio last compare to the Rain and Simpson?
3. Considering my sizes under the Rain (UK 8.5) and Simpson (UK 9.0), what would be my size under the Emilio last?

Thanks.

Hi Vinveritas

Sorry about the issue with the listing, that was my fault - I didn't explain it fully to the person listing the shoes. The Emilio is on the Buger last which is a new last from Carmina. We have done some in house testing and our view is that it is quite a snug F fitting. You only need to look at the toe box to see that it is likely to be a little this way. It is probably somewhere between the Rain (standard) last and the Simpson (narrow) last We suspect that some customers may need to size up by half a size - particularly if you are a snug or on the wider side of an F fitting.

I remember seeing this shoe at Pitti earlier in the year and thinking we must get my size in! It does not disappoint in the flesh!

Every foot is different of course and it is impossible to be certain, but I would recommend the UK 9 rather than the 8.5. If you buy the 8.5 and it is too tight you will have no choice but to send it back. If you buy the size 9 and find it a little bit loose, the use of a thin insole and or thicker socks may be all that is required.

Please let me know what you think, and we are of course available for further advice if required.

Kind Regards

Mike

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Mike

I wonder if Pediwear is carring the Sanders Berne in stock or if it can be requested, any comments about sizing will be highly appreciated; I bought the Belgrade from Pediwear and find the construction very solid, as a proper longwing should be.

Best regards

Juan Manuel

Hi Juan

Yes the Berne is available - I am sorry that it is not on the website. David has assured me that it will be within 24 hours so please check back soon and hopefully you will then be able to buy then. They fit true to size - so we would suggest the same size you wear in the Belgrade.

Please let me know if we can be of any further assistance.

Kind Regards

Mike

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi Juan

Yes the Berne is available - I am sorry that it is not on the website. David has assured me that it will be within 24 hours so please check back soon and hopefully you will then be able to buy then. They fit true to size - so we would suggest the same size you wear in the Belgrade.

Please let me know if we can be of any further assistance.

Kind Regards

Mike

Thank you Mike, are them polish / binder leather? Please, can you post some pictures, I will appreciate it. Best regards.

hllau9

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

Great collection at Pediwear!

I've been eyeing and comparing Carmina Tobias 80386 and Carmina Gabriel 732.
After some careful scrutiny I found out the lasts are Rain and Forest respectively.

The 732's toe seems more rounded, am I right?

Any difference in term of width between the two lasts?

Many thanks.

Regards,
Lau

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Lau

Thank you for your post - we do specify the lasts on all our Carmina styles - at the bottom of the product description - The Gabriel is the Simpson last and the Tobias in the Rain last. So you score 1 out of 2! Which is quite good really, it is not easy to determine which last a shoe is made on just from looking at 3 or four images.

There are significant differences in the fitting properties of the Rain and Simpson last. The Rain last tends to fit true to size - with a standard width. The toe is chiselled so some customers find the room in toe toe is a little restricted. The Simpson is quite narrow and many people find they need to take a half size larger than their usual size - unless they have quite narrow feet.

I don't think that the toe box is rounded on the Gabriel / 732 - if anything it is more pointed than the Tobias? Or have I misunderstood you?

Glad to be of further help if required.

Kind Regards

Mike

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Juan

The leather is French calf on these styles. We don't have any in stock at present but the images available from Sanders - which are on our website should give you a reasonable view of the shoe?

Actually I just checked and we currently only have one image of each - so I have asked for David's assurance that there will be 3 more images by close of business today.

Let me know if we can be of further help?

Regards

Mike

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

We are pleased to announce that the views of Pediwear and our customers have been sought for an exciting range of shoe care innovations currently under development by a leading design house.

As a first step we are seeking UK customers who would be willing to participate in a 30min telephone conversation to discuss shoe care ‘the pains and the gains’.

If you are able to participate then please email [email protected] by Tuesday 15th November.

We look forward to sharing these developments with you …

Please note that this is purely market research and Pediwear are not affiliated with the designers in anyway other than offering help with market research.

Thank you in advance for anyone who offers their time.

Kind Regards

Mike

hllau9

Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed response Mike. I actually missed out last info at the bottom of production description and somehow on Carmina's homepage, Oxford 732 is said to be made on Forest last, that's where I got my info hehe.

Both are lovely shoes, really difficult to pick.

How much would it cost to ship to Oman? For one pair and two pairs.

you can pm me if you think that's more appropriate.

Regards,
Lau

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello all
We have been shooting Carmina this morning ready for a home page banner. You can see the winning image at the bottom but they all give you a flavour of our collection for this season...

rdepuit

Reaction score
The new Carmina models look great -- are you still unable to ship Carmina to the US?

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads