• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PARABOOT APPRECIATION THREAD 2018 - NEWS, PICTURES, CLOTHING, ACCESSORIES, ETC.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the multiple-Michael owners out there, what do you find's a bit more versatile: Black or Brown? Debating between the Cafe and the Noir and the coin flip keeps landing on the edge...
I guess it depends on your personal style. What color palette you wear the most etc.

Wrenkin

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a pair of Avoriaz. For reference, I have wider feet, and I've found some models fit well in 7/41, including the Michael, Pacific, Avignon and a United Arrows collab bit loafer. But the Prevert and Adonis are a bit too narrow. Where would the Avoriaz fit on that spectrum in terms of width?

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the multiple-Michael owners out there, what do you find's a bit more versatile: Black or Brown? Debating between the Cafe and the Noir and the coin flip keeps landing on the edge...

My hairy cows get the most wear. Followed by the brown buffalo grains.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any help regarding Reims sizing? I'm normally a 10-10.5 us. I found Chambord and Michael can fit in a uk8, albeit very snug. Avignon uk8.5. to be honest I've not tried Chambord or Michael in uk8.5, but the 9 was so big I was able to go down to 8. Hesitant to go down to 8 in the reims because it's on the snug side, but also hesitant to do 8.5 because they are loafers rather than laced shoes.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any help regarding Reims sizing? I'm normally a 10-10.5 us. I found Chambord and Michael can fit in a uk8, albeit very snug. Avignon uk8.5. to be honest I've not tried Chambord or Michael in uk8.5, but the 9 was so big I was able to go down to 8. Hesitant to go down to 8 in the reims because it's on the snug side, but also hesitant to do 8.5 because they are loafers rather than laced shoes.
I wear 8 in both Chambord and Avignon, quite comfortably. I got the Reims in size 8 and they crushed my toes.

MaE

Reaction score
I have plenty of Paraboot shoes in 7,5UK and had to go up to an 8UK in the Reims. The official Paraboot store owner from the Dijon boutique told me that he also goes .5 up in size compared to his other shoes in the Reims, so I guess that’s the way to go.

skiro

Reaction score
Thanks, I just placed the order(in Ebony) online with a retailer in France to ship here(India). They were in promotion thankfully :cool:
@Treble @MaE

Thanks for your help. I got them today and the fit is perfect from the get-go. Fit a tiny bit more comfortably than Avignon due to the soft leather and less stiff walls for the shoe. Zero break-in time.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Alden snuff suede LHS but never completely warmed to them. Just came across these and am loving them. Anybody ever own the Paraboot Gassin loafer?

paraboot_gassin.jpg
?

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea why these aren't selling? I'd have imagined they'd be snatched up right away. https://www.ebay.com/itm/334646544290
They are priced too high. Why would someone buy shoes on eBay for essentially the retail price? Plus it’s very easy to buy paraboots overseas and have them shipped to the states in the $3-400 range.

Also they are very small which will limit your pool of buyers.

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well for me they are priced so high I wouldn’t make an offer. I’d just feel bad offering $300 on an item listed at $500 so I’d move along without offering.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads