• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orslow

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
The used wash in all orSlow fabrics will fit smaller as it's been "washed" down to resemble a used, vintage pair.
It's at maximum shrinkage.
A good guide is to assume that the used version is one size smaller than its unwashed counterpart ie Used size 4 is equivalent to size 3 unwashed.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OrSlow sizes are 0/1/2/3/4/5, does 6 also exist? I am just wondering that because I am trying to figure out sizing on The Hip store where they do not used 0-5 on all OrSlow items but S-M-L or 32/34/36 so I am just trying to count down from highest or up from the lowest available and just want to make sure.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@sussi in my experience, i've only seen OrSlow tops in size 6, and I have yet to encounter them in bottoms. that's only from my experience as a US retailer, I do wonder if there is any difference to what is put out in Japan

Junglejack

Reaction score
@sussi in my experience, i've only seen OrSlow tops in size 6, and I have yet to encounter them in bottoms. that's only from my experience as a US retailer, I do wonder if there is any difference to what is put out in Japan
Yep. And the only item I have really seen offered in a 6 is the US Navy chambray shirt which does indeed run much smaller than any other OrSlow BD shirt I own. That said, it really is a fantastic shirt.

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
OrSlow sizes are 0/1/2/3/4/5, does 6 also exist? I am just wondering that because I am trying to figure out sizing on The Hip store where they do not used 0-5 on all OrSlow items but S-M-L or 32/34/36 so I am just trying to count down from highest or up from the lowest available and just want to make sure.

I've never come across anything in a size 6. Also for certain items, there won't even be a size 5.
Men's sizing for pants and tops is 1-5.
0 is a women's size.
My understanding is 1= Extra Small 2= Small 3 = Medium 4 = Large 5 = Extra Large.
If you want to buy from the HIP store, just email them and ask is probably the easiest way.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never come across anything in a size 6. Also for certain items, there won't even be a size 5.
Men's sizing for pants and tops is 1-5.
0 is a women's size.
My understanding is 1= Extra Small 2= Small 3 = Medium 4 = Large 5 = Extra Large.
If you want to buy from the HIP store, just email them and ask is probably the easiest way.
I did and the reply was some generic sh*t that did not answer the question lol.

mamborambo

Reaction score
The used wash in all orSlow fabrics will fit smaller as it's been "washed" down to resemble a used, vintage pair.
It's at maximum shrinkage.
A good guide is to assume that the used version is one size smaller than its unwashed counterpart ie Used size 4 is equivalent to size 3 unwashed.

just wanted to give an update: i did end up trying a size 3 regular fatigue in the normal wash, and yes it does fit bigger than size 3 in the used wash. i wouldn't say they're a size bigger, but it definitely felt like the used wash fit like a normal pair you machine washed hot and tumble dried hot for too long. which makes sense giving they're a used wash

conqueror

Reaction score
size 6 doesn't exist for orslow trousers/shorts, noting 5 was essentially created for greater western market appeal to begin with. i wouldn't be surprised if this changes if their international sales and popularity continue to grow, though - lots of japanese repro labels added larger sizes and tweaked pattern making as time went on (iron heart and the flat head are two prime examples).

Retri

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the print on this season Hawaiian shirt is either white or off-white/ecru/beige?

I can't tell by merely looking at pictures online, the lighting is all over the place.

Attachments

• hawaaii1.jpg
    hawaaii1.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 131
  • Hawaii2.jpg
    Hawaii2.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 890

whatsthis

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the print on this season Hawaiian shirt is either white or off-white/ecru/beige?

I can't tell by merely looking at pictures online, the lighting is all over the place.

I have it at home but I’m out of town until tomorrow. I’ll check when I get back if nobody else responds.

It might be a bleached on print like the turtle Hawaiian one they did the previous two SS seasons (actually I might be mixing up with an older Orslow Hawaiian shirt I have).

Retri

Reaction score
I have it at home but I’m out of town until tomorrow. I’ll check when I get back if nobody else responds.

It might be a bleached on print like the turtle Hawaiian one they did the previous two SS seasons (actually I might be mixing up with an older Orslow Hawaiian shirt I have).

Thanks a lot man. I got the turtle one from last year and the print is tan on a brown background but it looked white in pics, which is why I'm asking.

whatsthis

Reaction score
Thanks a lot man. I got the turtle one from last year and the print is tan on a brown background but it looked white in pics, which is why I'm asking.

Here you go. Print is not true white (compared to the cotton Hawaiian next to it from a few years ago). You can see the turtle prints are a bit yellower/warmer
B3D5AA54-98FA-463B-87AA-0D01DA92BBE3.jpeg

sicarii77

Reaction score
On a pair of New Yorkers, is hemming as straightforward as on a normal pair of pants or does the rip stop material need additional consideration? Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads