• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orslow

Junglejack

Reaction score
Guys I need help with sizing. I do not have any OrSlow pants and I do not have any local store to try them on. I am 5"11 and currently 192lbs. Athletic built, strong legs and slimmer waist. Usually I am 33-35 in denim, but waist 32. I have stronger legs so most denim that fit me in the legs is 1-2 size too big in the waist so I wear belt most of the time. I would like to buy 107s in 2 year wash but can not decide between 3 and 4. Leaning more towards 4. Will be probably the best to order both from Mr.P and return the one that doesn't fit.
Also regarding the Army shirt I guess size 4 should be fine? I wear 42 in The Real McCoy's.
I am not sure 107’s are the move given it is in the thighs where they run smaller over the 105s. That said, 105s really should be worth considering.

Given the 2 year washes run slightly smaller than the One Wash, I would probably go with 105s in a size 4.

Size 4 should be perfect on the shirt and it is cut slightly big as it is an overshirt. The ripstop Trooper Fatigue fits the same.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not sure 107’s are the move given it is in the thighs where they run smaller over the 105s. That said, 105s really should be worth considering.

Given the 2 year washes run slightly smaller than the One Wash, I would probably go with 105s in a size 4.

Size 4 should be perfect on the shirt and it is cut slightly big as it is an overshirt. The ripstop Trooper Fatigue fits the same.
I prefer tapered fit below the knee that is why I was thinking about 107 and 105 are straight fit so they would be too wide for my liking I am afraid.

Junglejack

Reaction score
The 105 has a slight taper as well but not as pronounced as the 107. Might want to order both from Porter to try.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 105 has a slight taper as well but not as pronounced as the 107. Might want to order both from Porter to try.
I think I would not like the 105 because the leg opening is too wide for my liking. But maybe I will have to try to see for myself.

tomsocal

Reaction score
I have 2y wash 105s in size 3 and they need belt. I’m 35in waist on a good day. Size 4 will give you like 10in of excess in the waist.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 2y wash 105s in size 3 and they need belt. I’m 35in waist on a good day. Size 4 will give you like 10in of excess in the waist.
so size 3 in 107 and hope that they will fit in legs

Junglejack

Reaction score
I think a 3 in the 107s would be too restrictive in the legs. However, definitely worth trying in the 105s. Jean fitment for folks for athletic folks with large legs but small waist is often difficult.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: 107 did not work out. Size 3 was great in waist and around the crotch but too tight in legs. Size 4 was too much material around the crotch I hate when that happens. I will try 105 now, still afraid leg opening might be a deal breaker. But on the other hand my legs are just to strong from 10+ years of lifting that most of tapered denim just doesn't work for me. Always need to try way too many models and brands when I am looking for a new pair.
Also Army shirt size 4 works in shoulders, but it it too long and ad also wide in the body. Maybe it just doesn't work for me. I might try size 3 when I have the chance. I am starting to think that maybe OrSlow is just a brand that doesn't work for me. Will keep you updated.

Junglejack

Reaction score
UPDATE: 107 did not work out. Size 3 was great in waist and around the crotch but too tight in legs. Size 4 was too much material around the crotch I hate when that happens. I will try 105 now, still afraid leg opening might be a deal breaker. But on the other hand my legs are just to strong from 10+ years of lifting that most of tapered denim just doesn't work for me. Always need to try way too many models and brands when I am looking for a new pair.
Also Army shirt size 4 works in shoulders, but it it too long and ad also wide in the body. Maybe it just doesn't work for me. I might try size 3 when I have the chance. I am starting to think that maybe OrSlow is just a brand that doesn't work for me. Will keep you updated.

As the fatigue shirt is pretty close to a repro with upgraded fabric, it really is cut pretty close to the source material and not fitted. That said, some of OrSlow’s regular button downs like the chambray shirt fit much slimmer.

I think the 105s might work for you. Certainly worth a try.

Donut

Reaction score
Looking at grabbing an Orslow 1950 Coverall jacket and wanted to check in on other people's experience on the sizing.

I'm inbetween a S-M (5'7" 160lb) and was debating between a 2 or a 3. Any helps on fit would be great!

Junglejack

Reaction score
Looking at grabbing an Orslow 1950 Coverall jacket and wanted to check in on other people's experience on the sizing.

I'm inbetween a S-M (5'7" 160lb) and was debating between a 2 or a 3. Any helps on fit would be great!
While I don’t own the coverall, the jackets I do own from them are cut with room for layering. I would think a size 2 would be fine, but definitely recommend looking at a few retailers websites that include measurements. I say a few as there tends to be a bit of variance from retailer to retailer.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions for the best place in NYC to go and try on some Orslow pieces? I've been wanting to try them, but was never sure of my sizing. I'd love to find a good fit while I'm in New York. Thanks for the recommendations.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions for the best place in NYC to go and try on some Orslow pieces? I've been wanting to try them, but was never sure of my sizing. I'd love to find a good fit while I'm in New York. Thanks for the recommendations.
Probably Standard and Strange

hobojones

Reaction score
This actually gives me hope, I’m like a size 38 in the waist and figured I’d never be able to wear orslow jeans. Would a size 5 in the 105’s work for me? Been eyeing the used/ 2 year washes for a while but always figured I’d never be able to squeeze into them.

Junglejack

Reaction score
This actually gives me hope, I’m like a size 38 in the waist and figured I’d never be able to wear orslow jeans. Would a size 5 in the 105’s work for me? Been eyeing the used/ 2 year washes for a while but always figured I’d never be able to squeeze into them.
Really should be fine with a 5. Would recommend measuring as some denim skews a bit from indicated size. Also, my 2 years are one size smaller than my one wash and didn’t notice them being a far tighter fit beyond the expected being down a size.

That said, while there is some variance from year to year with OrSlow, but the idea of a size 4 being well in excess of 40 inches has not been my experience.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads