• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

james.darley

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I just met with Domenico in nyc during the trunk show for a tweed jacket. I have been asking to make the jacket slightly roomier (so not directly “traditional” cut) because I’d like to layer a sweater sometimes. My phone was dying and I didn’t take any photos today. But he told me I should be getting the jacket in November so I’ll post some photos by then for comparison.

Nice! Do you have any photos from your fitting?

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my experience and talking to other clients, Nunzio also cuts a more modern garment. He did so even before Domenico's direct influence since he spent a lot of time in Japan. He mentioned to me that his Japanese clientele preferred a closer fitting suit. At least that was my understanding, but it might have been lost in translation.

I think Simon also mentions in his article that he was surprised with Nunzio's house cut given his age and training. The jackets that I saw Nunzio wearing himself were also quite modern and slim. This wasn't my experience when visiting Gennaro Paone and the older Solito. Both were wearing roomier garments.
Yes, that sounds correct (about paone & Solito - as mentioned above in the brief Neapolitan tailoring history). It surprises me that Pirozzi cut such a modern / trim jacket. Nothing wrong with either. I thought maybe that was a new thing.

To me, the interesting one is blasi / Ciardi. Blasi cut almost an English garment whereas Ciardi cuts a more traditional Neapolitan jacket.

My eye is drawn more toward the traditional Neapolitan jacket. In fact, your mentioning of paone makes me think I should add him to my list of Neapolitan tailors I’m considering, if I add another tailor / want a Neapolitan jacket

james.darley

Reaction score
Yes, that sounds correct (about paone & Solito - as mentioned above in the brief Neapolitan tailoring history). It surprises me that Pirozzi cut such a modern / trim jacket. Nothing wrong with either. I thought maybe that was a new thing.

To me, the interesting one is blasi / Ciardi. Blasi cut almost an English garment whereas Ciardi cuts a more traditional Neapolitan jacket.

My eye is drawn more toward the traditional Neapolitan jacket. In fact, your mentioning of paone makes me think I should add him to my list of Neapolitan tailors I’m considering, if I add another tailor / want a Neapolitan jacket

I am a big fan of Paone and most likely would use him again, if it wasn't for that fact that I would need to travel to Napoli for every commission. Also, you will find his prices to be very reasonable, especially for CMT.

mp94

Reaction score
A day of fittings in Florence:

A second fitting with Liverano for a DB in winter weight POW.
View attachment 1975423
Then onto Corcos for a final fitting of a Tuxedo.
View attachment 1975425
View attachment 1975427

Second fitting for a brownish/greyish sharkskin suit.
View attachment 1975429

Last one was a first fitting with Vittorio Salino who is working out of Seminara's space.
View attachment 1975431
View attachment 1975433
Latest suit in from Kotaro! Vintage brown sharkskin by an English mill called "Learoyd" that I found digging around Milan. If anyone knows anything about it, let me know!
IMG_1108.jpg

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a big fan of Paone and most likely would use him again, if it wasn't for that fact that I would need to travel to Napoli for every commission. Also, you will find his prices to be very reasonable, especially for CMT.

Agreed, to me his CMT prices are so reasonable that they actually justify the whole trip, but then again I'm based in Europe.

marcusngjm

Reaction score
what're your thoughts on assisi's work?
tbh i really like their work and for it's price its pretty value for money. tbf their mtm garments are pretty good as well. my friend did one and collected it with minor adjustments to be done, i.e. slight taper at calves and a cleaner break.

have an appointment with corcos lined up in december so will try to compare as their prices will be quite similar from my currency perspective :D

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If football really offended Brazilians, we would have razed Argentina to the ground many years ago. Granted, that would most likely have been preferable to having Milei leading the polls, but we would not have known that as we marched through Bs As crushing our enemies, seeing them driven before us, and hearing the lamentations of their women.
Don’t cry when Boca raises the Copa Libertadores on the most hallowed grounds of Brazilian soccer next month.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t cry when Boca raises the Copa Libertadores on the most hallowed grounds of Brazilian soccer next month.
I haven't watched a football match since the early 90s. I couldn't care less about football. I also only argue about the game with people from countries with at least five World Cup wins. Anything less than that means you are from somewhere that does not really understand the game.

BTW, new project funded.

IMG-7936.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics