• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now, I must bid you adieu as I move to blackmail some gentle soul for a million dollars, as to cover more suits (that is the current price of a Liverano, right?).
Only $1M? C'mon Dr. Evil... don't you know that $1M isn't exactly a lot of money these days. You're not even middle class in NYC with that kind of money.

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't mind your stylistic choices, some of which I prefer to the conservative suits posted here. Your suits have an interesting art decoish flair and wouldn't be out of place in a Flash Gordon set (in Ming's court). However, there is a tendency for the jackets to be bottom heavy both because they are full of unusual visual details such as odd pocket shapes, placement and slant but perhaps also because of the cut that emphasizes the belly instead of the shoulder area. I mean, just look at the this jacket
norfolk0-jpg.2044363

Those large pockets sit right on your hips and both the vertical and horizontal straps of cloth look like barrel hoops and staves (I did have to google that) giving you the look of some undefined era Diogenes.

However, it could be that your stance is not helping the impression. Based on the internally rotated arms I would guess you have rounded shoulders that you pull back when posing for photos which can make the shoulders appear narrower and hips wider so try taking pictures without that Madame Tussauds vibe.

tldr I like some of your suits, probably because they're different.

Theres a real knack to photographing and even standing in suits in all fairness, it's just as nuanced as fit.....allegory of the cave and all that. On my instagram there's lots of people in finished suits and fittings, many a time a suit has looked great in real life then you take a picture and they stand weird or look awkward or the lighting isn't flattering. Also depends on the "shoot" if its an all day thing with photoshop in post, well it should look good. The pictures I take of my clients are done in I would say 3 minutes each the still items 20-30 mins max by myself on an iPhone. If we do any editing its usually something very basic like wiping out a stray piece of fluff, very rarely are the pictures manipulated to hide imperfections and those imperfections even if they are "real" are usually because I have something like a size 44 on a 40 dress form or they are on a dress form instead of the client.

To say the camera doesn't lie is nonsense it lies all the time.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Theres a real knack to photographing and even standing in suits in all fairness, it's just as nuanced as fit.....allegory of the cave and all that. On my instagram there's lots of people in finished suits and fittings, many a time a suit has looked great in real life then you take a picture and they stand weird or look awkward or the lighting isn't flattering. Also depends on the "shoot" if its an all day thing with photoshop in post, well it should look good. The pictures I take of my clients are done in I would say 3 minutes each the still items 20-30 mins max by myself on an iPhone. If we do any editing its usually something very basic like wiping out a stray piece of fluff, very rarely are the pictures manipulated to hide imperfections and those imperfections even if they are "real" are usually because I have something like a size 44 on a 40 dress form or they are on a dress form instead of the client.

To say the camera doesn't lie is nonsense it lies all the time.
My pictures are done in 20 seconds without any further editing. Point, click, and drop on the net. I remain steadfast in my belief that people draw way too many conclusions from one picture.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My pictures are done in 20 seconds without any further editing. Point, click, and drop on the net. I remain steadfast in my belief that people draw way too many conclusions from one picture.
We demand that you hire a photographer and provide multiple angles for your daily posts.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m def on board with realizing iPhone pix are often giving us imperfect, distorted representations of how things “actually look”. However, there are some pretty clear points of reference that render these distortions moot. If your jacket buttoning point, for example, is well above your belly, revealing a huge gap of shirt above your waist, via opened quarters, then maybe your jacket just kinda sucks?

Last edited:

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You’ve posted enough pics over the years, but I’ll give you an E for good Effort and T for nice Try.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't do. Gotta funnel all my money to the tailor so he can deliver suits to disappoint the conservative business dress crowd...
Lol. No offense, but it’s not about conservative dressing. Anyways, you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink.

Haagendazs

Reaction score
Lol. No offense, but it’s not about conservative dressing. Anyways, you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink.
Ikr lol
There are times when I see something and im like damn, this is new and it looks so nice, and there are times I'm like damn, this is new and it looks fugly
I won't rule out he's too far ahead of us in a fashion sense though!

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is almost impossible for somebody to offend a Brazilian. We are good at ignoring people. I have ignored your "expert" opinions for ages, there is no reason to start caring about what you write now.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is almost impossible for somebody to offend a Brazilian. We are good at ignoring people. I have ignored your "expert" opinions for ages, there is no reason to start caring about what you write now.
You’ve clearly never dated a Brazilian woman!

As for my opinion, it’s the consensus on the board pertaining to your (mis)fits. Even a bespoke tailor publicly mentioned it. It’s rare for a bespoke tailor to publicly call out a terrible fit. But you managed to do the unthinkable.

You’re the exact type of person my quote is aimed toward, and I told you gently you might want to consider another tailor. Then everyone agreed with me. The more you post. The more people tell you they’re an abomination, but like I said, you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink.

So if it stokes your ego and makes you feel better. Your fits are perfect, no need to change anything. In fact, so perfect none of us need to see it because you know what you’re doing

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics