• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Shop the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Having a navy blazer made. Looking for a navy hopsack fabric with the following specs:

4 season
Hard wearing
Matte finish
Lots of texture

Was planning to get the house hopsack from Anglo-Italian, but it is sold out. Any other suggestions? Thank you!

There is no such thing as "4 season cloth" fam. Pick 2 (seasons).

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depending on where you live, any tailoring is a huge no in the summertime. There's no way I'm wearing any jacket right now in Houston no matter how light weight or breathable the cloth.

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depending on where you live, any tailoring is a huge no in the summertime. There's no way I'm wearing any jacket right now in Houston no matter how light weight or breathable the cloth.

Right now only a body suit with a built in air conditioner will suffice.

This heat will make Satan stay inside the house on sunny day.

Ilkless

Reaction score
By the end of this year, that might just be a reality…

One new one (British style) in Tokyo that some folks here might be interested in. I haven’t had a chance to explore outfits in Yokohama like Arai, but it looks like that is a hotbed for tailoring.

Hmm...

Bespokeman, Fumiya Hirano, Sheets, Blue Shears, Archies, so many good choices 😳

tdang

Reaction score
Hmm...

Bespokeman, Fumiya Hirano, Sheets, Blue Shears, Archies, so many good choices 😳
One of those guys 😝

But for now, wearing the next tailor’s clothes to meet him for fittings:

IMG_0581.jpeg

tdang

Reaction score
Lost a bit of weight so K-man’s not completely happy with the fit around the waist (he asked me to bring it to Florence later along with the new delivery to rectify).

Still, yowza.

IMG_0585.jpeg

IMG_8811.jpeg

Brown is 50/50 kid mohair and wool. Mint is pure wool.

IMG_8820.jpeg

New order placed earlier this year:

IMG_8831.jpeg

ZRH1

Reaction score
I partially agree, in a sense that there are hot and cold times in a year.

A suit that goes well in autumn and spring, when it is fresher, can work better with layers, ie. coat, so I consider two types of suits.

1x hot (open weave + linen, both unlined) and 1x cold (heavy, lined). This is my conclusion after a decade of bespoke.

potter AB

Reaction score
Hi guys. Having a navy blazer made. Looking for a navy hopsack fabric with the following specs:

4 season
Hard wearing
Matte finish
Lots of texture

Was planning to get the house hopsack from Anglo-Italian, but it is sold out. Any other suggestions? Thank you!
Perhaps the Harrison's Springram 98274?
It is hard wearing and does have a lot of texture, which you can see in the last pic of this:

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

4 season
Hard wearing
Matte finish
Lots of texture

I find jacketings are inherently not hard wearing. The more open and loosely set the weave, the more prone to snagging. I recently had a disaster walking through the airport in a mock leno. Thankfully have gotten it well repaired but that is the only cloth that has ever actually RIPPED on me from a snag.

Obviously there are levels of durability within jacketing so not trying to talk you out of it (love my mock leno otherwise). Just a word of caution from personal experience! Tighter weaves/closer to suiting type jacketing cloth will probably hold up better over time.

For navy hopsack, I would be looking at Fox. Pretty sure they have several weights and shades.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find jacketings are inherently not hard wearing. The more open and loosely set the weave, the more prone to snagging. I recently had a disaster walking through the airport in a mock leno. Thankfully have gotten it well repaired but that is the only cloth that has ever actually RIPPED on me from a snag.

Obviously there are levels of durability within jacketing so not trying to talk you out of it (love my mock leno otherwise). Just a word of caution from personal experience! Tighter weaves/closer to suiting type jacketing cloth will probably hold up better over time.

For navy hopsack, I would be looking at Fox. Pretty sure they have several weights and shades.

I find twills to be the most hard wearing fabric of my items. I have a blazer made out of H&S Cape Horn that has stood up to plenty of abuse...however the twill tends to lean a bit more formal than a textured hopsack.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Except Fox discontinued Fox Sport for some inexplicable reason, and you can no longer get a straight navy hopsack/basketweave.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
baseless speculation, but I wonder if they outsourced that fabric to Taylor and Lodge which shuttered a couple of months ago...
I think I posted some pages back speculating the same. I'd guess yes, especially given their heavy weight midnight hopsack "Fox Drop" fabric appears to be the T&L Archive Blazer fabric.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I posted some pages back speculating the same. I'd guess yes, especially given their heavy weight midnight hopsack "Fox Drop" fabric appears to be the T&L Archive Blazer fabric.

Wild considering the Archive Blazer was 65GBP per meter when ordering from T&L when it was open :rotflmao:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertfredrick