• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLEFORUM MEETUP - Styleforum and Epaulet at Alfargo's Market NYC (9/27 and 9/28)

This Friday and Saturday night, please join Styleforum and Epaulet at the esteemed Alfargo's Marketplace. It will take place at the Neue House on 25th Street and Park Ave. Everyone is welcome. Check out our Alpaca Project and have beverage on us.

Details can be found here

Fok and the Styleforum Team and Epaulet.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Menninki

Reaction score
I am interested in the pre-order Sandhurst in Zug, but I have no experience with the 375. I would like to ask anyone who has the Sandhurst or any other derby in 375 what kind of an instep it has? I have the 325 and it fits me okay, but due to my somewhat low instep so the fit is not ideal and I am worried that the 375 instep is as voluminous as in the 325.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure of the model - just sold as shell cordovan plain toe blucher. Made for Ralph Lauren.
Those were usually sold under the Marlow name but that name also applied to wingtips, tassels, and penny loafers.

There’s an old thread about C&J for Ralph if you want to reminisce about the good old days of cheap C&J and EG for Ralph.

taher

Reaction score
Hello, I’m interested in the SEATON loafers, it is unlined in the 376 last.
My measurements are as follows
Length 26.1 CM

Width 10 CM

Heel width is around 6.1-6.4 CM

I have really narrow heels and never found loafers that fit around the heel, but I heard that the 376 last has a narrow heel.

For reference
I’ve tried a loafer from TLB artista line 7UK on the Goya last and the heel was too wide.

I’ve also tried loafers from Baudoin & Lange size 41 but the heel and waist were too wide and size 40 was too short.

I’ve also bought a wholecut oxford from Jfitzpatrick footwear in the TMG last in size 8 US but it was really wide at the heel and it was unwearable.

I have messaged customer service and they recommended size 7 UK for unlined shoes
Does that sound reasonable? Because that’s a full size small than the size chart and it will be difficult to return the shoes.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Menninki

Reaction score
The oxblood zug pre-order has ended already. The demand exceeded their expectations according to customer service.

Last edited:

Menninki

Reaction score
Would be intriguing to know how many “limited” units they have shifted…???
Yes, accordingly there will be new pre-orders "soon".

Btw, to make sure everyone knows, the pre-orders have a no-return policy! So you better know your size. For me personally the fit of the 375 is a mystery, so I figured it was too risky.

KOz

Reaction score
Hello, I’m interested in the SEATON loafers, it is unlined in the 376 last.
My measurements are as follows
Length 26.1 CM

Width 10 CM

Heel width is around 6.1-6.4 CM

I have really narrow heels and never found loafers that fit around the heel, but I heard that the 376 last has a narrow heel.

For reference
I’ve tried a loafer from TLB artista line 7UK on the Goya last and the heel was too wide.

I’ve also tried loafers from Baudoin & Lange size 41 but the heel and waist were too wide and size 40 was too short.

I’ve also bought a wholecut oxford from Jfitzpatrick footwear in the TMG last in size 8 US but it was really wide at the heel and it was unwearable.

I have messaged customer service and they recommended size 7 UK for unlined shoes
Does that sound reasonable? Because that’s a full size small than the size chart and it will be difficult to return the shoes.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Have a look at Anglo-Italian's Unley loafers. I also have very narrow heels and the 391 last is perfect for me.

Fenners81

Reaction score
Already had the smooth calf version but been wanting the grain for a while and they arrived today.

1719664808568.png

KOz

Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestion.
What size would you recommend for my measurements?
Your foot is a 3-dimensional object and those measurements can only do so much in guestimating size, much to the chagrin of Brannock believers.

Only thing I can say is that I take my shoes in 6.5-7 UK and my Unley loafers are 6.5.

shoefan57

Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestion.
What size would you recommend for my measurements?
For my wife we emailed measurements of the width across instep and the length to a C&J shop and they told us what size to buy - they were spot on. As for lasts - that’s more in the realm of alchemy and only trial and error can help you there.

Pascal1980

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I have a question: By coincidence I could try my first pair of Carmina Oxfords on the Rain last here in a upscale fashion shop on the well-known, at least for Frankfurter, Goethe-Strasse in Frankfurt. They fit nicely in UK 7,5 and were extremly tight in UK 7. Now I see at the homepage that they hvae an Oxford in burgundy museum calf on sale. I am looking for a burgundy Oxford as I like to colour for my range of blue suits.

How does the quality of Carmina compare to Crockett & Jones, or Cheaney Imperial Line? Is it on par, as it is wel of 1/3 cheaper?

What are your experiences with Spanish and English shoe makers of goodyear welted shoes?

Best regards from Germany

Pascal

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giovanni_mod