• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

jayce030

Reaction score
If anyone has a fit pic of the cesars, it would be appreciated. The PS store around my neck of the woods didnt have them...

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
No pics but I saw the Cesar at the Vegas ps store today. Only black but it's a nice looking boot. Lower than the usual Ricard/Corso. Really liking the Buffalino leather too.

They had some tan buffalino Cutter wing tips I might have to get.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by esien
does anyone know how the "cage" are constructed?
are they welted? glued?

Blake rapid stitched iirc.

Zippy, you back in Vegas? Hows the fit on the Cesar?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Back in Vegas. Just tried on Cesars like 5 minutes ago. Fit sorta like Ricards only bigger. Size down 1/2.

Bought the buffalino Cutters.

RFX, I saw the Lanvin boutique and thought of you. They've got a wall of kilobuck sneakers.

Mr.Chen

Reaction score
TRY EBAY MY FRIEND///
fight[1].gif

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^the aged appearance is uncanny. Has PS ever done such a convincing treatment before?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have a pair of suede Cutters in my usual size that are a bit large but these new ones seem to fit smaller in the same size. Could be the Vegas heat and all the walking made my feet puffy tho.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Here's the burgundy Grand brogue longwing. Def not as cheap and nasty looking as I thought it did on website color is nicer IRL, less red than it appears on website. more of a true deep burgundy size, def runs big. I can usually wear a 7 or go down to 6.5 Tried these instore in 7 and it was way too roomy, my foot slid around. Ordered the 6.5 and it fits good, may even be able to go down to 6, but the 6.5 is really comfortable and has no looseness the more I look at these, it's basically a Dr Marten shoe. Usually a rubber sole shoe has the rubber bottom attached to a leather single sole (making it look slightly dressier), but these are all solid rubber like an airwair sole, and the height is thick, about .75" along the sole at foot's ball. So they actually ended up being a perfect type of shoe for me, being very DMish and super comfortable to walk in. def not for everybody
psgrand.jpg

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's funny you mentioend Doc Martens, I saw these yesterday and thought it would be a good choice for you instead of the Grand or the Royale. Doc Martens suede wingtips:
Dr.-Martens-Suede-Wing-Tips-00.jpeg
Those doesn't look bad from that angle though. I really like the color.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
hate suede! and suede longwings on airware sole...even worse!! haha

funny enough, after the bit of **** talking i've done on the Grands, they aint bad and if they prove as comfortable as they've been over the first day, it'll be a regular daily for work and vacations where long walks are de rigeur. In my old and decrepit age I find myself preferring rubber sole shoes so much more than leather, whenever long walks or lot of standing is concerned.
blush.gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am with you on the rubber sole, I wish I could put dainite sole on all my shoes and boots.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hmm maybe I'm starting to come around on the Grands.
I'll have to try them on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads