• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Really like those Buffalino Marcellos. How's the vamp on those? High, low, average?

About average.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Final bit of excessive shoe shopping (for now at least).
Ordered from Tobi (there's a 30% coupon out there). These were actually ordered before I went crazy with the PS UK order.

Grey Buffalino Cesars. I think I posted earlier that they fit more or less TTS. I lied.
They're a bit large and I sized down 1/2 size.
cesar.jpg

And since they came at the same time, some CPs.
(Thanks to RFX for sizing advice. The 44 fit fine.)
cps.jpg

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Another sweet pick-ups man. I really want those Cesars, so you say they are a half size bigger than Ricards? Is it wide enough for my duck feet?

Nice CP's too. Glad to hear you got the right size.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Another sweet pick-ups man. I really want those Cesars, so you say they are a half size bigger than Ricards? Is it wide enough for my duck feet?

Nice CP's too. Glad to hear you got the right size.

Yeah, if Ricards and Cages fit you, the Cesars will definitely work for you.

Thanks again for the sizing advice on the CPs.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good to hear, I haven't bought a pair of boots in a while and I am really considering those Cesars.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked these up off the bay. I watched them get relisted a few times and then finally bit. I don't know anything about them, but I like the look:
psbikerbootss.jpg

pistolero

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Yeah, if Ricards and Cages fit you, the Cesars will definitely work for you.

Really digging the Cesars, just want to make sure I understand the sizing...I have Ricards in 10UK and they fit well, if slightly roomy. Did you go same size in Cesars as Ricards?

Thanks!

jayce030

Reaction score
Nice... zippyh just sold me on the cesars... now which color to buy? hahaha Black, grey or brown? Has anyone seen each colorway?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pistolero
Really digging the Cesars, just want to make sure I understand the sizing...I have Ricards in 10UK and they fit well, if slightly roomy. Did you go same size in Cesars as Ricards?

Thanks!

Sorry for the confusion.
I've got 10UK Ricards and went with 9.5UK Cesars. The toe is pretty generous with the Cesars.

Originally Posted by jayce030
Nice... zippyh just sold me on the cesars... now which color to buy? hahaha Black, grey or brown? Has anyone seen each colorway?

I've seen the black and obviously the grey.
The grey looks a lot lighter in my picture due to the flash. In lower light it almost appears black.
The black is just...black.

cool_hand

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Paul Smith Spring/Summer 2011 Shoes Preview
The Mainline Collection is a Rock & Roll theme, there are lot's of boots in leather and suede, some full length, some ankle length. They've used gold leather quite a bit. They've introduced a few new styles. Enjoy.

Picture37.png

Picture36.png

Picture34.png

Picture33.png

Picture32.png

Picture31.png

Picture29.png

Picture27.png

Picture26.png

Picture23.png

Picture20.png

Picture19.png

Picture18.png

Picture16.png

Picture14.png

Picture13.png

Picture11.png

Picture9.png

Picture8.png

Picture7.png

Picture6.png

Picture5.png

Picture1.png

genericman

Reaction score
noob designer shoe question, how do paul smith shoes compare to margielas boots.
Paul Smith
Picture9.png
Margiela
2vd5r94.jpg

Alan Clark

Reaction score
I would favor a traditional english shoe like an Alfred Sargent, nothing can surpass true English quality, just ask "Carl Hill", the shoe and fashion expert, best regards Alan

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by genericman
noob designer shoe question, how do paul smith shoes compare to margielas boots.

I own a pair of dressy MMM 22 side-zip boots in cocoa brown, a pair of military-inspired MMM 22 lace-up boots in black and handled PS Yorks, PS Cukors, PS Burtons and a few others in the recent past....

Sizing: Paul Smith usually runs about a half size bigger than Margiela.
Quality: Leather quality is usually pretty much on par. Paul Smith footwear has better/more durable soles and the better hardware, though. Overall, Paul Smith footwear is superior in terms of construction.
Price-performance ratio: Pretty obvious, considering that most MMM shoes/boots costs about twice as much. As much as I'm addicted to MMM, I'd never pay retail for their footwear.

Of course this might differ from shoe/boot to shoe/boot, though. The new MMM 22 replica cuban heels - just for example - are qualitatively slightly superior to both pairs I own...

Just my opinion. Some people might disagree...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads