• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official new iPhone 4

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i was talking about a jailbreak option. hence my talk of inadequate apps in the appstore. what's the name of a decent app in cydia that works like the clock app but can turn on music

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The iPhone alarm app can play songs as long as they are loaded as ringtones. It's not a perfect option by far, but is available.

blairh

Reaction score
i was talking about a jailbreak option. hence my talk of inadequate apps in the appstore. what's the name of a decent app in cydia that works like the clock app but can turn on music

Please excuse my ignorance. What are you trying to do?

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i want to wake up in the morning to music (that makes me want to wake up). unfortunately the clock app doesn't do that and apps in the appstore require you to go into the app otherwise all it does is send you a notification. i regularly forget to do so and hence my request for an app on cydia

ringtones only last for 30 seconds and they are kind of a pain to make

blairh

Reaction score

i want to wake up in the morning to music (that makes me want to wake up). unfortunately the clock app doesn't do that and apps in the appstore require you to go into the app otherwise all it does is send you a notification. i regularly forget to do so and hence my request for an app on cydia

Ah, okay. Well I don't know about time limits with ringtones, but I've been waking up the past few years to 'Good Morning' by Kanye. I created the ringtone pretty easily.

If you can't find a way to play music (beyond say 90 seconds) then I suggest finding/creating a few ringtones that will wake you up. Then just queue up music to play once you are awake.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I googled "cydia app alarm radio" and found PlayAwake

4. PlayAwake – (Price $1.99) This is a cool new Alarm Clock app that makes waking up in the morning much more enjoyable. PlayAwake enables you to use songs and podcasts straight from your iPod app as your alarm.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Douglas - they were very noncommittal on the screen issue. Best I could get out of them was to try a backup and restore. If you're going to go into the store about it, make sure you do that first, just to get it out of the way.

I got them to give me a new phone. Was, frankly, way too easy, compared to what I'm used to. My genius rep just replaced his because he was having increased problems connecting to the network for data.

So, basically, they'll get you a new phone if you're under warranty and have a decent complaint.

blairh

Reaction score

Douglas - they were very noncommittal on the screen issue. Best I could get out of them was to try a backup and restore. If you're going to go into the store about it, make sure you do that first, just to get it out of the way.
I got them to give me a new phone. Was, frankly, way too easy, compared to what I'm used to. My genius rep just replaced his because he was having increased problems connecting to the network for data.
So, basically, they'll get you a new phone if you're under warranty and have a decent complaint.

New or refurbished?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I googled "cydia app alarm radio" and found PlayAwake

i had googled that earlier then i saw that it was $2 just so i could wake up to an actual song

then i said what the hay and looked it up on cydia and it appears there's a free version

so i guess thanks

fuuu. nevermind. it's still 2 dollars

fuuuuuu. i've clicked the first 20 results and nothing. this thread actually is the seventh thing that pops. this is ridiculous

Last edited:

blairh

Reaction score

I guess their policy must have changed since I got mine replaced (was before the 4S even came out lol)

I believe their policy is still refurb replacements if you are under warranty. That happened to me a few years back with the 3G iPhone and I see people still talking about it on the MacRumors forum. They probably only give you a new iPhone under a set of specific circumstances.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads