• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was confused... was that really Nymeria? Arya said something like "It's not you" under her breath. Also the show cut a lot of the "wolf dreams" Arya had in the books, so the connection to her direwolf is less tangible.

I don't know exactly what she meant by that. I assume meant she wasn't blaming the dog for rejecting her; she was saying "I'm too far gone" and decided to turn around and kill the queen. She's like Theon in that she has an arc and then just repeats it over and over with no resolution.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, in 12 episodes. This has been building for 7 years, and the conflict plus aftermath will be less than 6 episodes next season.

I believe the producers said that the last seasons episodes might be feature length as in each one might be 2 hours each.

I believe the finale for this seasons going to be 2 hours too (or close to it).

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be ******* stupid. This season and next are supposed to be 15 episodes, total. Making next season's episodes two hours long would bump that to 20-22ish hours of material. Which is right about what they would have done with two normal length seasons.

So that means you're probably right...

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was confused... was that really Nymeria? Arya said something like "It's not you" under her breath. Also the show cut a lot of the "wolf dreams" Arya had in the books, so the connection to her direwolf is less tangible.

She was saying, "Let's go to Winterfell and things will be all hunky dory..." and then realized that Nymeria was a boss, a HWIC and had outgrown the castle life

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe the producers said that the last seasons episodes might be feature length as in each one might be 2 hours each.

I believe the finale for this seasons going to be 2 hours too (or close to it).

How far out do they typically write (or at least map out) the episodes for the next season? Would they be able to determine this so early in this season?

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's a callback to the first season when Ned was telling Arya she'd grow up to marry a prince, etc, and she replied "it's not me" or something like that.

Basically she was acknowledging that Nymeria was now independent and doing her own thing.

The question is whether the writers did it to close the lose end, or to remind us that Nymeria is still out there before she shows up to eat some bad guys.

I'll be pissed if the show ends without the direwolves playing a big role considering they're the Stark version of the dragons.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How far out do they typically write (or at least map out) the episodes for the next season? Would they be able to determine this so early in this season?

They probably already know how it's going to all end and have it all planned out by now.

That would be ******* stupid. This season and next are supposed to be 15 episodes, total. Making next season's episodes two hours long would bump that to 20-22ish hours of material. Which is right about what they would have done with two normal length seasons.

So that means you're probably right...

Might also be a loophole for how they pay the actors? I believe they get paid per episode and some probably $1m each, so if they say it's a 6-7 episode season but 2 hours each episode then they get to pay them half of what they would have gotten paid?

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a callback to the first season when Ned was telling Arya she'd grow up to marry a prince, etc, and she replied "it's not me" or something like that.

Basically she was acknowledging that Nymeria was now independent and doing her own thing.

The question is whether the writers did it to close the lose end, or to remind us that Nymeria is still out there before she shows up to eat some bad guys.

I'll be pissed if the show ends without the direwolves playing a big role considering they're the Stark version of the dragons.

Yeah that would be major blue balls - not that GRRM isn't unknown to throw in some shaggydog storylines. Fans speculate that Rickon & his wolf "shaggydog" are exactly that:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaggy_dog_story

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Same idiot sand snake who was going to use a whip to fight the prince in a close quarter combat situation. Makes no ******* sense why she's a whip expert.
If they are primarily using those characters primarily to give nerdy fanbois (and fangirls) fapping material it makes perfect sense.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gonna get some real mileage out of the strangulation scene, eh lawyerdad?

They had to come out and explain it because it was so poorly executed. The dog that used to help Arya fold her clothes is actually wild deep down at heart. Right.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babara