• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

seer

Reaction score
To tree or not to tree. Ok, I'm sure I will get push back on this but I hate using shoe trees! I know the benefits and I have used trees enough in the past but I just don't like them and I don't like shoes that need them. I had AE, Alden and C&J shoes where they would lose their shape if you didn't use shoe trees. I don't think that will be the case with Trickers. The leather is so thick (on the country shoes at least) I doubt that they will lose their shape without trees. Another plus for Trickers.

modernman76

Reaction score
My first pair of Tricker's (Steeple from Herring's). Feel great and I love the look / feel. Now I just need a pair of black scotch grain boots to go with them.

seer

Reaction score
My first pair of Tricker's (Steeple from Herring's). Feel great and I love the look / feel. Now I just need a pair of black scotch grain boots to go with them.

Those are nice - I haven't seen them yet - will check out Herrings. I'm new to Trickers too - I don't think I will buy another brand going forward.

Mazzasan

Reaction score
Hi all, I am contemplating my first purchase of Trickers. I especially like their plain derby/bluchers. I have a question about the difference between the Kendall and Woodstock? I assume they are on different lasts? How is their sizing if one is normally a US 10 on Nike, AE, etc. Does anyone know the status of the Robert Derby Shoe? Can't really find it anywhere for purchase? Is it a discontinued model? That would be unfortunate because I think its my favourite. Thanks for your help.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Hi all, I am contemplating my first purchase of Trickers. I especially like their plain derby/bluchers. I have a question about the difference between the Kendall and Woodstock? I assume they are on different lasts? How is their sizing if one is normally a US 10 on Nike, AE, etc. Does anyone know the status of the Robert Derby Shoe? Can't really find it anywhere for purchase? Is it a discontinued model? That would be unfortunate because I think its my favourite. Thanks for your help. 

I don't think there's really anything different between the Kendall and Woodstock other than the stock combinations of leather and soles and the Kendall is also available in a wide.
They're both on the same 4497 last.

The Robert is on the W2298 last and seems to be a custom order item.

seer

Reaction score
I think they are both on the 4497 last. I just got the Burton which is on the 4444 last, which is fuller. I take a US10D - 10E - depending - and they fit great. You may want a UK9.5 in 4497 last. Perhaps others here have some input.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I like the green dainite with copper suede. The blue dainite looks interesting too.

Steve7

Reaction score
^ You like those (the nasty gumlite colour soles)? Not for me!

The brown things just above are hideous!

Tricker's/P&f Cordovan Boot on the link above - now we are talking!!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads