• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

FondDeJante

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently tried a pair of the Junya Trickers from Mr. Porter. I take a UK size 10 in the 4444 and 4497 country lasts so ordered the size "Large" which equates to a size 10 (according to the web site and on the inside of the shoe). The information given to you by Trickers is quite correct, they are half a size smaller than that marked. I had to return mine as they were too small with no toe wiggle room at all!

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rob.

Great stuff, thanks Rob - I didn't see this when I posted earlier....

seer

Reaction score
Ok, my review on the first pair of Trickers I have kept – the Burtons in Espresso. I have had them for about a week and had worn them every day. On the first day I broke them in with a three mile walk in snow, dirt roads and some ice. There was literally no break in. These are very rugged shoes, and great looking – I love a “chunky” profile on my footwear – just more manly, IMHO. I used to be enamored with Alden shoes and boots but to be honest I never had a pair of Alden’s that did not hurt my feet – even after weeks of breaking in. The Trickers, even with the harder double leather soles, are a pleasure to wear. I did get the leather sole, to me there is something old school and familiar with leather soles. Besides, after living in New England these 60 years I can safely navigate both snow and ice on leather – though I may go for Dainite soles for the boots I will be buying. All and all they are superior shoes - the leather seems indestructible, thick and perhaps treated - I wonder if they do something special on the Country models. I have owned C&J, Alfred Sargent and Cheaney - personally I'm now a like Trickers fan.

Last edited:

Ian L

Reaction score
Ok, my review on the first pair of Trickers I have kept – the Burtons in Espresso. I have had them for about a week and had worn them every day. On the first day I broke them in with a three mile walk in snow, dirt roads and some ice. There was literally no break in. These are very rugged shoes, and great looking – I love a “chunky” profile on my footwear – just more manly, IMHO. I used to be enamored with Alden shoes and boots but to be honest I never had a pair of Alden’s that did not hurt my feet – even after weeks of breaking in. The Trickers, even with the harder double leather soles, are a pleasure to wear. I did get the leather sole, to me there is something old school and familiar with leather soles. Besides, after living in New England these 60 years I can safely navigate both snow and ice on leather – though I may go for Dainite soles for the boots I will be buying. All and all they are superior shoes - the leather seems indestructible, thick and perhaps treated - I wonder if they do something special on the Country models. I have owned C&J, Alfred Sargent and Cheaney - personally I'm now a like Trickers fan.
down-to-earth. worth every penny, IMO. When I touch the leather, I would smile
smile.gif

Edmund K

Reaction score
Ok, my review on the first pair of Trickers I have kept – the Burtons in Espresso. I have had them for about a week and had worn them every day. On the first day I broke them in with a three mile walk in snow, dirt roads and some ice. There was literally no break in. These are very rugged shoes, and great looking – I love a “chunky” profile on my footwear – just more manly, IMHO. I used to be enamored with Alden shoes and boots but to be honest I never had a pair of Alden’s that did not hurt my feet – even after weeks of breaking in. The Trickers, even with the harder double leather soles, are a pleasure to wear. I did get the leather sole, to me there is something old sc and ice on leather – though I may go for Dainite soles for the boots I will be buying. All and all they are superior shoes - the leather seems indestructible, thick and perhaps treated - I wonder if they do something special on the Country models. I have owned C&J, Alfred Sargent and Cheaney - personally I'm now a like Trickers fan.

May I ask you to post some pictures? I have one pair of Burton Espresso Danite shoe sitting in my closet. I wonder if winter is a good time break them in.

seer

Reaction score
down-to-earth. worth every penny, IMO. When I touch the leather, I would smile
smile.gif
Amen! The leather is clearly robust!

May I ask you to post some pictures? I have one pair of Burton Espresso Danite shoe sitting in my closet. I wonder if winter is a good time break them in.
Any season is a good time to break in Trickers. Especially the country models - they are made for rough conditions!

Last edited:

Edmund K

Reaction score
Amen! The leather is clearly robust!

Any season is a good time to break in Trickers. Especially the country models - they are made for rough conditions!

A good looking shoe. I am pretty impress with the clean perforation on the shoes. Somehow it looks so much sharper and cleaner then Alden's wingtip. Do you agree?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore my langstons for maybe the 3rd time and ended up at a super packed bar, shoes made it out spotless somehow, very sturdy and a lot better compared to how Alden Indy 403s last.

planetarium

Reaction score
Can anybody share customer service experiences when dealing with the factory store?

I was looking forward to posting up pics of my new Marron Stows when I arrived home today, but I was sad to discover they are on the wrong (4444) last! I was very specific about the last number (4497s), model number (M2508), and size/fitting when I made the initial order and would not have purchased them if I had known they were on the 4444. My service up until this point was very cordial and helpful, but I don't think I'm entirely out of line in requesting that the initial expensive shipping charge be refunded along with the cost of the boots since they were purchased with wrong information. Does that seem out of line?

I'm not really expecting it to be granted; at this point I just hope that I don't get a massive DHL bill for a pair of boots I had to ship back.

Edit: In regards to the Alden 403s, I will say that my Stows have held up a lot better. My 403s stretched out a ton in three months and no longer fit comfortably; I had to sell them on the cheap. The leather took a serious beating too.

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore my boots that are on the 4497 last for the first time 2 days ago and boy, they feel quite a bit less spacious in the toe box than the 4444 last boots. And this is sizing up .5 for the 4497.

Last edited:

engar

Reaction score
Somebody have experience stretching 4444 last? My Norse zug shoes are pretty tight on the toebox.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ I tried stretching mine using an oversized shoe tree and some rubbing alcohol and it didn't work. Eventually cut the lining out and they now look like ****

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialoney