• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
No, i meant and speculated 4444. Tricker's is known to produce (for stockists) the stow on a 4444 last also.
Indeed they have produced some on 4444. But the majority of Stows are on 4497 and they look like standard model Stows. Just going on the odds my money is on 4497.
🤷‍♂️

martin92

Reaction score
I am asking because I bought them from reseller who didn't mention what last it is and they feel bit roomier than my regular UK boots from C&J in same size.

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indeed they have produced some on 4444. But the majority of Stows are on 4497 and they look like standard model Stows. Just going on the odds my money is on 4497.
🤷‍♂️
The toe cap seemed a little pointy and edged to me (not as round for a 4497). Hence i speculate a 4444. But could be the angle of the photo and may very well be a 4497.
:stirpot:

Ypuh

Reaction score
I'm looking for another casual shoe to rotate my Tricker's Robert and C&J Pembroke's. Took a chance on the Richard Longwings in peanut from the Factory webshop.

The fit and finishing on this pair is fantastic, but I'm not sure if they're much different from the Robert. The ridge vs. peanut waxy suede looks more distinct in photo's as in real life, and I personally prefer the lacing and facings of the Robert over the Longwing's.

Any thoughts?

20241017_175215.jpg
20241017_174946.jpg

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am asking because I bought them from reseller who didn't mention what last it is and they feel bit roomier than my regular UK boots from C&J in same size.
Roomier than your regular UK boot size. Might again suggest 4444 which do run half a size large. Its possible. Why dont you send a photo into [email protected] and find out. Let us know once you know.

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for another casual shoe to rotate my Tricker's Robert and C&J Pembroke's. Took a chance on the Richard Longwings in peanut from the Factory webshop.

The fit and finishing on this pair is fantastic, but I'm not sure if they're much different from the Robert. The ridge vs. peanut waxy suede looks more distinct in photo's as in real life, and I personally prefer the lacing and facings of the Robert over the Longwing's.

Any thoughts?

View attachment 2265345
They are on the same 2298 last. But you cant say that they are not different. Ones a brogue and the other a plain derby.

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any thoughts?

View attachment 2265345 View attachment 2265349
You've replaced the original laces on the Richard with darker ones if i'm right.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Peel back the heel liner and last number and actual size will be stamped there. You might have to peel back some thin foam sticky tape too. If you’re careful you can just press everything back in place.

Ypuh

Reaction score
You've replaced the original laces on the Richard with darker ones if i'm right.
They arrived today and haven't changed anything (neither on the Robert). The leaflet inside states 2022 as the manufacturing date.The Robert's came with what I would call dress shoe laces, and the Richard's with the standard Tricker's boot type laces.

I want to get rid of all my trainers and have maybe 2 pairs of boots and 3 pairs of shoes in rotation that I wear casually (including the Pembroke's and Robert's). My question is if it's worth it to invest €400 on a similar type shoe. Indeed it's a brogue, but similar last, leather type and also a brownish tint.

Anyway, yet another great fitting and finished pair by Tricker's. It's more a question on style/collection, but I'm inclined to keep them :).

Ps. This is the inside of my Tricker's Stow Acorn on Dainite:
20241016_120341.jpg

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They arrived today and haven't changed anything (neither on the Robert). The leaflet inside states 2022 as the manufacturing date.The Robert's came with what I would call dress shoe laces, and the Richard's with the standard Tricker's boot type laces.

I want to get rid of all my trainers and have maybe 2 pairs of boots and 3 pairs of shoes in rotation that I wear casually (including the Pembroke's and Robert's). My question is if it's worth it to invest €400 on a similar type shoe. Indeed it's a brogue, but similar last, leather type and also a brownish tint.

Anyway, yet another great fitting and finished pair by Tricker's. It's more a question on style/collection, but I'm inclined to keep them :).

Ps. This is the inside of my Tricker's Stow Acorn on Dainite:
View attachment 2265371
Congrats on the shoes. And the inside of your boot seems to have moulded to your heel area nicely.

I hesitate answering your question about
"if it's worth it to invest €400 on a similar type shoe?". Because my opinion should not matter. But what/how you feel about it means everything.

Real interesting regarding laces - because my Richard came with totally different colour laces.

Featured Sponsor

How Do You Feel About Pleated Trousers?

• Love them, classic!

• Occasionally, depending on the outfit

• Prefer flat-front

• Never wear them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elizabethmichael19634