• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not as bad as I thought it'd be but it's not really new. Nautilus in a square shape basically. At least AP went out on a limb with the Code.
Looks like the product of a drunken one-night stand between a Royal Oak and a Nautilus.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Feast your eyes.

cdjbgvdmmcvd1.jpeg

do watch companies still commission gunslinger designs a la genta ? I mean is this credited to an auteur or a committee ?

acconrad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not as bad as I thought it'd be but it's not really new. Nautilus in a square shape basically. At least AP went out on a limb with the Code.
My thoughts exactly. On the integrated bracelet it looks better than the ad with the leather bracelet (which also looks bad on the Nautilus, fwiw) but the square shape feels uninspiring. It's in fact so similar to the Nautilus in that regard that why would you ever choose it over the Nautilus. It's like a more expensive, less inspiring Santos.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't hate it...but I think its pretty 'meh' for the all of the "first new watch line in 25 years" hype.

IMO it basically looks like someone asked an AI generator to make a hybrid between a Nautilus and a Cartier Santos

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The time only versions look okay enough in the wrist shots I've seen...I'm not sure why they had to use the same dial motif as the Nautilus. They should have done more to make it its own thing, IMO. As it stands, people will always look at it as a weird version of a Nautilus.

And the same bracelet as well.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
according to stern ( who it turns out designed the watch ) , patek cannot survive on stainless steel
Which is why you gotta do the two-tone at $61,280 to get a blue dial. But you do also get this amazing, proportionate caseback view to make it all worthwhile!

5821_1AR_001_1@2x.jpg

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not make more stainless aquanauts?

Stern's policy "is to limit its entire steel-watch production to 25% to 30% of its total production. "We say this is the maximum number of steel watches that Patek Philippe should produce every year, and we are going to stick to that," said Stern.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the plan is to keep it "entry level," are they going to do a reverse buying history search on buyers to make sure the person has never bought a PP?

Perhaps they want to keep it affordable and prevent it from going 2-4x in price on the grey market by making it not very good looking.

Featured Sponsor

How Do You Feel About Pleated Trousers?

• Love them, classic!

• Occasionally, depending on the outfit

• Prefer flat-front

• Never wear them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronkolk030