• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Tricker's Expert!!

Reaction score

Two things that annoy me about my Tricker's shoes. One: the rubber parts of the heels wear very, very quickly. Two: the heel doesn't lie completely flat on the floor. The latter can cause a sort of 'double take' as the heel hits the ground. You sort of clop along like a Lipizzaner stallion. Just sayin'.

May I add my 'two penneth' on this Munky ?
I agree that the rubber element of a standard Tricker's Heel does wear very quickly, more for some than others. When we repair the Heels on Tricker's and replace them with Rubber/Leather combination Heel Tops, we fit 'Rendenbach' Oak bark leather and Rubber. These are a couple of mm thicker than those that are fitted original so the Heel Stack has to be balanced before fitting. The Rendenbach Rubber 'wears like iron', and will last many times longer than the originals.

Heel and Sole balance ?
In a perfect world, there may be a 'Tab-ending' of the Heel, this being the back edge of the Heel sitting 2-3mm off the floor before full weight is applied and it is for me very acceptable. It matters less on a boot than a shoe, but this tab ending effectively pulls the Topline of the shoes into your foot for a more snug fit. If it were the other way, and the front edge of the Heel Block was off the floor before weight is applied, this would lead to the topline of the shoes 'gaping' when walking. Unsightly and less comfortable ?
More than 3 or 4mm tab ending can make a 'two step' landing, more noticeable for some than others.
Remember hand made and finished, so subject to margin for difference means that I as a retailer of several fine English brands can take many pairs of shoes and see these differences daily.
Richard.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for this, Richard. I appreciate your taking the time to offer me a detailed and very useful reply. I understand the issues more clearly now. Thanks, again. M

buzzlulu

Reaction score
Heel and Sole balance ?
In a perfect world, there may be a 'Tab-ending' of the Heel, this being the back edge of the Heel sitting 2-3mm off the floor before full weight is applied and it is for me very acceptable. It matters less on a boot than a shoe, but this tab ending effectively pulls the Topline of the shoes into your foot for a more snug fit. If it were the other way, and the front edge of the Heel Block was off the floor before weight is applied, this would lead to the topline of the shoes 'gaping' when walking. Unsightly and less comfortable ?
More than 3 or 4mm tab ending can make a 'two step' landing, more noticeable for some than others.
Remember hand made and finished, so subject to margin for difference means that I as a retailer of several fine English brands can take many pairs of shoes and see these differences daily.
Richard.

As someone who manufactured mens shoes in Italy for 25 years may I say that Richard's analysis is spot on and 100% accurate in line with proper shoe manufacturing techniques.

With regards to the rubber heel components prematurely wearing out - agreed.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
buzzLu Lu Lu! I've got some apples! buzzLu Lu Lu! You've got some too! buzzLu Lu Lu! Let's get together! I know what we can do buzzLu Lu!

wooksb

Reaction score
Added myself to the list. Just one more ...

yay! welcome and thanks for joining this great gmto.

btw, also the lining and pull tab on this gmto will be purple something like what you see typically on carmina:

why the change?

width

Gents, any update on whether we've reached the Magic 6?

Also, just a PSA, Richard at shoehealer did a cap toe derby boot similar to "Roy" in cipresso a few months ago. This is on the W2298 last and he has 3 pairs left in stock. I learned of the available pairs when I emailed Richard for sizing advice on the 81 last. I considered getting one but decided against it as I felt it might overlap with the Roy boot GMTO in navy shell that Namor just organized.

PM Richard if you're interested. At least one pair is in my size (7.5 UK, fitting 5).

dcd4078a02c116a5a19f7227960b4481.jpg

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Gents, any update on whether we've reached the Magic 6?

Also, just a PSA, Richard at shoehealer did a cap toe derby boot similar to "Roy" in cipresso a few months ago. This is on the W2298 last and he has 3 pairs left in stock. I learned of the available pairs when I emailed Richard for sizing advice on the 81 last. I considered getting one but decided against it as I felt it might overlap with the Roy boot GMTO in navy shell that Namor just organized.

PM Richard if you're interested. At least one pair is in my size (7.5 UK, fitting 5).

Richard confirmed that the shell is available now waiting back to hear confirmation on punchcap toe. In any case, we still need the lucky 6th person and then this makeup will be off!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Navy Shell Roy boot due sometime in December. I haven't received an invoice for the balance

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads