• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sym

Reaction score
See two items in my dream box marked 90% off, yet they're still the same price as yesterday. Only difference is that they're now final sale.

MTLinStyle

Reaction score
This is typical. Yoox usually reduces the prices the day before they announce the sale.

See two items in my dream box marked 90% off, yet they're still the same price as yesterday. Only difference is that they're now final sale.

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
You might have known this already that during free shipping with min purchase (US $200), the required dollar amount is the price before applying yooxcode. If you experience situations like:

Total for items: $180
Standard shipping: $9.95
yooxcode: xxxxxx

Instead of adding another item, you just need to remove the yooxcode so that the total for items changes to $200+ and shipping to free. And then you add the yooxcode and shipping will remain free.

Last edited:

Sym

Reaction score
This is typical. Yoox usually reduces the prices the day before they announce the sale.

The price for the two items has been the same for a little while now. Doesn't look like they dropped yesterday either. Someone should make a site similar to camelcamelcamel for yoox.

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@Sym the tags only suggest their participation in the promotion. Their prices don't necessarily drop in the final sale promotion. The two items you are watching might have reached the bottom prices or strategically set to be unchanged.

A camelcamelcamel for Yoox is kinda useless because it can't predict the next price drop. And Yoox prices don't fluctuate except for going down and then remaining unchanged as they hit the bottom.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently checked my old Yoox orders (trip down memory lane), what a discounts.....Crazy ****, especially around 2006.

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Perhaps 5 years from now, the mediocre discount that we enjoy now will join your fond memory of 2006 becoming history.

Last edited:

UK2004

Reaction score
Yes they slap the tag on to draw in non regular customers but several items in my dreambox have not changed for several months but got the tag BUT the big bonus is several that were blocked from using the 25% code are now unblocked so fire away!

Sym

Reaction score
@Sym the tags only suggest their participation in the promotion. Their prices don't necessarily drop in the final sale promotion. The two items you are watching might have reached the bottom prices or strategically set to be unchanged.

A camelcamelcamel for Yoox is kinda useless because it can't predict the next price drop. And Yoox prices don't fluctuate except for going down and then remaining unchanged as they hit the bottom.

I find that prices do fluctuate. The goal wouldn't be to predict the next price drop, but to see the items lowest price. For example, theres an overcoat I picked up for around $200 which is currently listed at $1,300; a sweater I purchased for around the same amount is currently listed at $600. Another coat I am looking at has been as low as $400 during sales, but is currently listed at $900.

ultramantaro

Reaction score
Prices in general are worse than they were even 3 - 4 years ago looking back at my purchase history. Pretty much Yoox is no longer a cult site - many here in the US didn't know about it and were only scavenging on Gilt and Myhabit at one point.

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@Sym price tracking doesn't work for yoox because
1. once an item is sold out it may not be available on yoox again and if it does it also has a new product code. its procurement cost may be different for yoox so its min price will also vary.

2. even if there's a way to trace it to a sold out listing, the previous as sold price doesn't have any predictive power. the knowledge of the same coat being sold for $200 last time won't stop someone from buying it as soon as it's in new arrivals as the person doesn't want to risk losing it. it could also get little interest this time allowing its price to drop to the bottom.

with yoox building more demand, there's no doubt the discount will get worse with time.

bslo

Reaction score
If the Yoox code is purchased on ebay, how is it delivered? Thanks in advance for any help.

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If the Yoox code is purchased on ebay, how is it delivered? Thanks in advance for any help.

code is sent in ebay message. instant delivery.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prices in general are worse than they were even 3 - 4 years ago looking back at my purchase history. Pretty much Yoox is no longer a cult site - many here in the US didn't know about it and were only scavenging on Gilt and Myhabit at one point.
NO! Yoox is still a cult! :worship:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads