• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my suit

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks great, i would shorten the sleeves/pants as you intended and then leave it be.

Nevermind the commentary regarding the style, this suit intentionally has low-rise pants, high rise wont look right with it.

Enjoy!

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by res ipsa
Agreed. I'm a trial attorney and I've worn my Thick as Thieves suit to court without any issue; it actually generates quite a few compliments.

I've had similar results with mine. So while it's not the most acceptable per SF, it passes muster in many courtrooms.

chrisb0109

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CashmereLover
Difficult to see the end of your pants but I suppose you need to shorten them. And yes, the sleeves needs to be a little shorter. Other than this, the suit looks great on you. I had no idea one could get such a suit from H&M. Now, accompany with a pair of polo brown suede Oxfords, a nice shirt with spread collar, and a colorful handkerchief. You'll be the king out there.

item1x.jpeg

IMG_1379.jpg

_MG_6655.jpg

I would love to find some similar shoes.

chrisb0109

Reaction score
This is something I have an issue with. Its not that the shoulders are too wide, it that they re more pointed than my shoulders. I have narrow shoulders, but they have a reasonable amount of muscle on the upper arm/shoulder.

The suit also have heavier shoulder padding. The shoulders have relaxed a bit since I bought it, and I imagine they will more, lessening the issue. I would partially blame h&ms hangers.

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrisb0109
This is something I have an issue with. Its not that the shoulders are too wide, it that they re more pointed than my shoulders. I have narrow shoulders, but they have a reasonable amount of muscle on the upper arm/shoulder.

The suit also have heavier shoulder padding. The shoulders have relaxed a bit since I bought it, and I imagine they will more, lessening the issue. I would partially blame h&ms hangers.

The shoulders are the correct size, yet they stick off your natural shoulder?
eh.gif
Please explain.

I can understand that you cannot possibly size down because you can't breathe in a smaller suit, but thats no excuse for poor shoulder fit.

satorstyle

Reaction score
Looks great on you. Get the shortening done on the sleeves and pants and you've really made a H&M suit look better it could on most folks and you didn't have to spend an arm and a leg.

CashmereLover

Reaction score
The new picture with a pink shirt looks great.
nod[1].gif

I would love to find some similar shoes.

Similar as in less expensive? I'm sure you're able to find something that reminds of those C&J Belgrave shoes.

chrisb0109

Reaction score
Thank you.

I'm talking barely over $100. I think it was definitely a good buy. Now to find some shoes and ties to go with it.

CashmereLover

Reaction score
Yes, similar as in inexpensive.

Tough one. Many members here can point you to great looking, really expensive shoes. I'm uncertain though of how easy one can find good inexpensive shoes. First we would need to know something about your budget. £ 155.99? Those AS shoes are in snuff suede, less red than the C&J Belgrave polo brown I believe.

chrisb0109

Reaction score
The exchange rate isn't really on my side there, and none the less, thats a little expensive. Perfectly reasonable, but too much for me right now.

I'll find something on sale or at a second hand store eventually.

nohomo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phxlawstudent
The shoulders are the correct size, yet they stick off your natural shoulder?
eh.gif
Please explain.

I can understand that you cannot possibly size down because you can't breathe in a smaller suit, but thats no excuse for poor shoulder fit.

nod[1].gif

I can't believe so many people are just ignoring the fact that the shoulders look horrible. For the op, the pulling in the waist and the overly tight pants are problems as well, but acceptable since you're going for a slim, modern look, but you shoudl've gotten the shoulders to fit well. With the padded shuodlers you've described, and the proportion of the shoulders looking too big and waist looking too small, H&M may just not be a good cut for you.

literasyme

Reaction score
I understand the look you're going for, but even in a slim-fitting fashion-forward suit, the jacket should actually fit. Here, the shoulders don't look good, as others have said, but the waist is also too tight, and the chest doesn't look right either. There's a lot of pulling at the waist, and the lapels don't seem to lie flat -- they curve in the frontal shots in a way that (combined with the pulling at the button and the way the quarters flare open) makes you look too big for the coat. It's obvious that you're not overweight, but the jacket suggests you are...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanjida191