• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My package

Jaybird

Reaction score
I ordered some baseball caps from china and they ended up at ISC NEW YORK POST OFFICE on the 4th of December 2011, it is nearly the beginning of the New Year and I still have not received my package. I am not comprehending the fact that customs would take so long to release my package from their area of operation. I am in Afghanistan right now and ordered plenty of things from amazon and body building.com which arrive between 6 to 10 business days. I sent a proof of delivery request to the USPS and received a letter back via email stating that they have no proof of delivery, therefore my package must still be in the ISC NEW YORK hub. I understand its peak season (the holiday season) but many soldiers such as myself have received plenty of packages in a timely fashion.

If my package does not arrive or is lost, how do I get a refund? Please Help

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
call your credit company and see what they can do

i had something get stuck for WEEKS at dhl-controlled customs in turkey. raised all hell through social media before dhl finally helped me out

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
I'm somewhat confused why a package from China would have to go through New York to reach you in Afghanistan. Additionally, one would think there would be a chain of command or some sort of special process for items being shipped to troops overseas... Just my thinking.

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
USPS is breaking my balls too. I ordered a watch from Germany, it was shipped Dec. 15, accepted into the USPS system (arrived in USA) on Dec. 16 and not a single tracking update since then. Zero updates in over 1 weeks time is unacceptable.

Last edited:

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm somewhat confused why a package from China would have to go through New York to reach you in Afghanistan. Additionally, one would think there would be a chain of command or some sort of special process for items being shipped to troops overseas... Just my thinking.

He probably has an APO box.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

He probably has an APO box.

Touche. Forgot about that. Still though, with an APO box, since it is registered for under different circumstances than a PO Box and the USPS knows full well you're not right down the street from a post office, you'd think there would be additional options to pursue.

Perhaps I'll just be quiet...

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I ordered some baseball caps from china and they ended up at ISC NEW YORK POST OFFICE on the 4th of December 2011, it is nearly the beginning of the New Year and I still have not received my package. I am not comprehending the fact that customs would take so long to release my package from their area of operation. I am in Afghanistan right now and ordered plenty of things from amazon and body building.com which arrive between 6 to 10 business days. I sent a proof of delivery request to the USPS and received a letter back via email stating that they have no proof of delivery, therefore my package must still be in the ISC NEW YORK hub. I understand its peak season (the holiday season) but many soldiers such as myself have received plenty of packages in a timely fashion.

If my package does not arrive or is lost, how do I get a refund? Please Help

You may have your package stuch in customs for a variety of reasons. When you say "baseball caps", do you mean 2-3 or 20-30? They could be holding it for taxes/duties or they could be holding it if they think the caps are counterfeit. Lastly, they could be holding it depending on what was written on the waybill.

USPS is breaking my balls too. I ordered a watch from Germany, it was shipped Dec. 15, accepted into the USPS system (arrived in USA) on Dec. 16 and not a single tracking update since then. Zero updates in over 1 weeks time is unacceptable.

Same thing, depending on the waybill, they could be holding it for further info from the shipper, holding it until they get info from you (SS#) so they can tax you etc.

HEARTLESS-531

Reaction score
Jaybird,
Where are you soldier? Bastion?Leatherneck? Now Zad?Kandahar?
-EMAIL you CONGRESSMAN ASAP. They will get on those ***** at USPS. The last thing those hopeless bureaucrats want is a congressman breathing down their necks.
-Fellow SFers - New York is the port of debarkation for many service people in-country, Mail usually goes from NY to Europe (Landstuhl usually) and then to the sand boxes.
-I remember drinking Heinikenand watching Viktor Bouts Aluyshin's land with our mail at Al Taqqadum. JHC.
-God bless you brother and keep your head down. Trust me on the Congressman thing. See you back Stateside!

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Standard. I had a pair of Zegna shades shipped from a SF member from Europe that sat in Customs for weeks. Couldn't get any updates from the shipper or customs at all, just had to wait. Eventually I got them, just wait it out

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Jaybird,
Where are you soldier? Bastion?Leatherneck? Now Zad?Kandahar?
-EMAIL you CONGRESSMAN ASAP. They will get on those ***** at USPS. The last thing those hopeless bureaucrats want is a congressman breathing down their necks.
-Fellow SFers - New York is the port of debarkation for many service people in-country, Mail usually goes from NY to Europe (Landstuhl usually) and then to the sand boxes.
-I remember drinking Heinikenand watching Viktor Bouts Aluyshin's land with our mail at Al Taqqadum. JHC.
-God bless you brother and keep your head down. Trust me on the Congressman thing. See you back Stateside

This is the most awesome post ever. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Tobacco Man

Reaction score

I'm in the exact same boat with a pair of shoes I ordered from England. Shipped 12/12 and have arrived in the US but still don't have a single update from USPS. Who knows when I'll get them...

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm in the exact same boat with a pair of shoes I ordered from England. Shipped 12/12 and have arrived in the US but still don't have a single update from USPS. Who knows when I'll get them...

If I don't receive an update this week I'm going to request the shipper, a business, open an inquiry with German Post.

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I spoke too soon too. My watch arrived this afternoon. My status went from received in USA to arrival at local unit. It doesn't even show delivered yet.

Last edited:

Tobacco Man

Reaction score
Guess I spoke a little too soon. Came back to my desk this afternoon to find my shoes waiting. :satisfied:
Maybe they were just delayed due to general holiday busyness. Hopefully you guys receive your items within the next couple of days. I wouldn't count on getting any delivery updates from USPS though. My tracking info went from nothing to "Delivered".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads