• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MTM failure, need some serious help!

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Horrendous. Sorry. Except for the fact it technically has the elements of a suit jacket, a suit jacket it is not.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
dude you're screwed you should give that jacket to a baby

I lulz'd
rotflmao.gif

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
To make sure I understood you correctly: the representative took all of your measurements? If so, I think you have a very good case for complaining/getting another jacket.

StopPolloition

Reaction score
Egads! If they measured you, you deserve a refund for sure. If you submitted your own measurements, I think you might have to take this as an expensive lesson learned. I've seen some shady tailors, but this is possibly the worst I've ever seen.

litho

Reaction score
sorry if i missed the name, but can you name and shame this company?

quuz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marcus Brody
To make sure I understood you correctly: the representative took all of your measurements? If so, I think you have a very good case for complaining/getting another jacket.

That is correct

Originally Posted by StopPolloition
Egads! If they measured you, you deserve a refund for sure. If you submitted your own measurements, I think you might have to take this as an expensive lesson learned. I've seen some shady tailors, but this is possibly the worst I've ever seen.

I went there and he took about 20 different measurements.

Originally Posted by litho
sorry if i missed the name, but can you name and shame this company?

Sure thing, the name of the ompany is Pari http://www.pari.se/

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This has to be the single worst example I've seen in my year or so on this forum. Yikes!

I'd throw in a claim for intentional infliction of emotional distress.

EdenResident

Reaction score
Yeah, not sure what kind of help you want. Call the company up and straight up tell them the jacket is way too short and demand your refund. Of course, there's a big chance they won't give it to you, in which case, file a dispute with your credit card company.

Good luck.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****. You need to burn this MTM suiting company to the ground. They they're not qualified to make suits for anybody.

You need a complete refund for this utter mess.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel really bad for you, I am not sure what went on there but obviously bringing it to the attention
of the parent company and also check what the legal rights are if you paid by credit card.

I think this is the first example to show from now on when asked is RTW always worse then MTM.

Any chance the order is someone elses ?

trex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rssmsvc

Any chance the order is someone elses ?

+1, everything is just too wrong, I don't know if you guys have the same feeling, but its sort of surreal, how can someone who actually took your measurements end up doing that. Sure we have seen a lot of MTM and "bespoke" gone wrong, but this just shouldn´t be.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quuz
Main problem being he wont return it because then it would get in trouble with his boss, hes just an agent for the company. Imo that is bs because he would get in more trouble if the The Swedish Consumer Agency got in contact with him. And to have a warning from them is pretty much the worst thing for your business here. Or he could skip all that and give me back my 500 dollars, because I firmly believe that the whole company wouldn't go bankrupt by doing so.

I think the boss needs to see you in this thing. Maybe I have a little too much faith in humanity, but I can't imagine anyone with any authority in this company would suggest that you should be stuck with a product like this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads