• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

You can get a Night Rod for that kind of money.

A friend has a V-rod. Took a ride, I feel I can't handle it. lol.

15k is the grand total I am willing to pay.
So I can either get a used one or a new one priced at 13k. Taxes, fees, buying some accessories totaled up. 15k.

Last edited:

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey by the way, can anyone recommend some good earbuds that won't get destroyed by frequent under-helmet use and will stay in place? My Sennheiser CX earbuds have gone through Superglue and replacement ear sleeves and are just about toast. Too large a profile I think. No Bose or Beats.

Also, just a friendly reminder to check your tire pressure weekly. A few PSI can make a world of difference.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Proper tire pressure got me a good 4-6 MPG on my Z.... that is a lot for a car that avgs 22 MPG at best

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey by the way, can anyone recommend some good earbuds that won't get destroyed by frequent under-helmet use and will stay in place? My Sennheiser CX earbuds have gone through Superglue and replacement ear sleeves and are just about toast. Too large a profile I think. No Bose or Beats.

Also, just a friendly reminder to check your tire pressure weekly. A few PSI can make a world of difference.

I have a pair of Klipsch S2s that have been good to me since 2010.

NEWS-26045-cf44afb1797977bde3111e22dd6f9119.jpg

I got them from Best Buy for about 50 beans but they have been discontinued. They came with 3 different sized buds that actually stay in place and totally seal the ear canal. I think they were succeeded by Image S4 (II) for $79.99
s4-II-black_%282%29_635043070640930000_medium.jpg

or if you want inline volume control the S4A (II) for Android for $99.99
s4a-II-Black_635042269496160000_medium.jpg

S4i (II) for iphones for $99.99
s4i-II-black_%282%29_635043071297000000_medium.jpg

S3 headphones
S3m_Black_635059520047460000_medium.jpg

or the "heavy duty" S4i headphones with an oversized controller (which might be useful when you are wearing gloves) for $99.99

S4i-Rugged-Blue2_635046355645410000_medium.jpg

I may listen to music when riding but I do not answer the phone. Then again with an inline controller there will be no more fumbling for my phone or my ipod if I need to hear something or talk to someone.

Kneel before Zod

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How good are modern bikes about rust? Obviously a lot more parts are alloy, plastic, or have a good amount of paint on them (which saves them until it chips)...but what the unpainted steel bits? or the painted parts with sharp corners or high wear areas?

Do they tend to use stainless or is it just going to be chromed regular steel on the bare metal? I imagine the painted bits aren't stainless, but I would think modern bikes use more alloy stuff than a bike from the 70s and the coatings on the steel are better.

I ask because my bike lives outside...and no, I don't always get a cover on it. Yesterday I come home and the water was up to the top of the curb so the part of the stand-side exhaust and bottom of the engine were in the water. I straightened it up (which fully cleared the end of the muffler out of the water), started it up, and rode it for a few laps around the block until it had hopefully heated up enough to dry off anything inside the exhaust...
I don't mind as much when its a cheap old bike (and the chrome and paint are in good shape which fends off the rust), but if I buy a new (or newish) bike, I don't want it to start rusting out.

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have you tried using different tips?

I've never used anything under a helmet, but for flights I'd use these tips:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Comply-T400-Foam-Tips-Ultimate-Ears-T-400-Medium-BLACK-/330453732152?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item4cf093cb38

...with my Etymotic HF3's (great IEM's).

Foam tips stay in place much better than the rubbery tips.

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'll snag a pair of S4i ruggeds, those look up to the job, and they come in orange! Thanks Rumpie.

@mario, I never knew about those. Are they worth $20 for two pieces of foam?

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You get (3) pair shipped for that price. You don't have to go with that brand, either, that's just what I have experience with. You can probably get foam tips at local stores.

They're much more comfy, to me, than the rubbery tips, and will stay put as they're exactly the same as putting in foam ear plugs. They also isolate outside noise like crazy (may be a bad thing on a bike).

These are usually highly recommended, too:

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-PA910M-Replacement-SE530PTH-Earphones/dp/B000NDHIKY

Last edited:

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, I need a pep talk. Out in Boston I'm closing out another season with no offs ::Knock on wood. Let two cars go for road Karma::.

But I'm finding myself wussing out in corners. After a wild ride on empty streets tonight, I realized just how tame I've been riding.

You know how it goes. You see a promising corner approaching. Nice road grade, well paved, slightly sharp angle. A little exclamation point appears over your head and you think, "I wonder what speed and lean angle I could hit that at." You're moving along at a good clip. So what'll it be bub: maintain steady throttle, increase lean and roll it on from the get go? Or feather the breaks, downshift steadily and try for a non-emasculating apex launch.

Well, lately, I've been going for the downshift.

Maybe I'm just still too new. Maybe I don't trust my bike yet. Or maybe its because I lost some good chrome last time I rode with a Daytona at dusk. But I'm not pushing myself.

Last edited:

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, I need a pep talk. Out in Boston I'm closing out another season with no offs ::Knock on wood. Let two cars go for road Karma::.

But I'm find myself wussing out in corners. After a wild ride on empty streets tonight, I realized just how tame I've been riding.

You know how it goes. You see a promising corner approaching. Nice road grade, well paved, slightly sharp angle. A little exclamation point appears over your head and you think, "I wonder what speed and lean angle I could hit that at." You're moving along at a good clip. So what'll it be bub: maintain steady throttle, increase lean and roll it on from the get go? Or feather the breaks, downshift steadily and try for a non-emasculating apex launch.

Well, lately, I've been going for the downshift.

Maybe I'm just still too new. Maybe I don't trust my bike yet. Or maybe its because I lost some good chrome last time I rode with a Daytona at dusk. But I'm not pushing myself.

I bet you are holding your breath and squeezing your sphincter as you contemplate your choices. I get like that when I haven't ridden in a while and it takes time toget back up to speed.

exhale

exhale

exhale

then PUSH that bar and slide a little off that seat.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads