• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Modern Day Triple F.A.T. Goose Jackets and Parkas

conal

Reaction score
Can anyone speak to the quality of the latest jackets and parkas from Triple FAT Goose? If you are NOT a fan of products with fur or down, you don't have to reply. Thanks

amoore2877

Reaction score
Very high quality jackets. I saw their new SAGA collection recently. I would say it is hands down the best down jackets you can get for the money. The fur they use on the SAGA collection looks and feels better than anything I've seen on Canada Goose (and Moncler. Though I will say the fur that Moncler uses is just terribly cheap looking) and the jackets are warmer too (I believe they use 675 fill power, while CG uses 625). Oh and HALF the price!

conal

Reaction score
Very high quality jackets. I saw their new SAGA collection recently. I would say it is hands down the best down jackets you can get for the money. The fur they use on the SAGA collection looks and feels better than anything I've seen on Canada Goose (and Moncler. Though I will say the fur that Moncler uses is just terribly cheap looking) and the jackets are warmer too (I believe they use 675 fill power, while CG uses 625). Oh and HALF the price!

Thanks for your comments, it was exactly the type of response I was hoping to get. Thanks again.

joseki

Reaction score
Looks very similar. Canada Goose is hand-crafted in Canada so I know the story and understand what I'm paying for. It's a Canadian product & family-run business, started in 1957.

"Triple Fat Goose" is manufactured in China and started in the 1980's, they went out of their way to copy Canada Goose, and is not a heritage brand. Their product the parka, down feather, fur hoods.. all of that's inspired by Canada Goose.

The one thing from Canada is they have to source their coyote fur there. Everything else is a copy of the fashion and as close possible the name/logo. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Canada Goose is now opening up globally.
I doubt Triple FAT Goose with its obviously mirrored products could do the same and expect the same esteem.

albertswiley

Reaction score
Hi there, it seems I am replying into an old thread. Anyway, you have asked to speak out about the quality of Goose. I am a big fan of triple fat goose brand. However, they are costly but they didn't compromise with the quality. I have used both parka and down.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads